12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Images that would make great Holiday cards. Please note: For this week’s theme, you may add text to your images if you wish, though it is not required. All other Farktography rules apply, however.

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s an odd question, but can the word ‘whore’ be used on a greeting card, or is that NSFF/W?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nah it’s fine. People say “shut your whore mouth” in Fark comments pretty often. Basically any words are fair game except those that are subject to the Fark filters. (e.g. if you type it in and it get changed like “shiat”, “fark”, “coont” when you post)

Kestrana
    Participant

Hahaha “coont” made me literally lol.

geom_00
    Participant

Forgive me for asking this.

I am new(er) to Farktography. Due to restrictions I have at home, I am not going to be able to use an actual camera for this contest, I will have to use my cell phone camera.

One of the shots I will take, and probably use is a picture of a Nativity Scene. I know farkers are either very PRO or very ANTI religion. Would ANYONE have a big problem with me using that…considering it IS what the season is about?

/Not overly religous.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

geom_00, cell phone cameras are fine as long as you’re still the photographer.

I’m not the official voice around here, but I’d support your posting of a nativity scene, regardless of my religious leanings. IMHO, if anyone had a problem with it, it would be exactly that – their problem, not yours.

geom_00
    Participant

Thanks CauseISaidSo

SilverStag
    Participant

geom_00 I support your right to post something religious as well, whether I share your faith or not. We should practice tolerance, not just talk it.

Now when *I* post something religious, it always ends up like this:

The Last Round – pano by pjern, on Flickr

(shot at the original Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago towards the end of a two day drinking binge.)

lokisbong
    Participant

I also have no problems with religious themed pictures. Tolerance is a good thing.

ennuipoet
    Participant

One of the shots I will take, and probably use is a picture of a Nativity Scene. I know farkers are either very PRO or very ANTI religion. Would ANYONE have a big problem with me using that…considering it IS what the season is about?
    /Not overly religous.

I’m a stone atheist, but I will defend to my last breath you posting a Nativity scene in a Christmas theme thread. Fark ’em if they can’t take it.

Kestrana
    Participant

For any theme I’d say post whatever you want to post as long as it meets the fark TOS. That’s the great thing about photography as a hobby – just about anything is (or should be) fair game.

orionid
    Participant

In my mind, some fairly intelligent person once said art intends to stir emotion. Pissing people off is a pretty obvious stir of emotion if you ask me.

geom_00
    Participant

Thank you all! I just didn’t want to turn a farktography thread into a flame war 😀

linguine
    Participant

Thank you all! I just didn’t want to turn a farktography thread into a flame war 😀

Farktography has survived me so you’d have to try pretty hard to damage it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

geom_00: Typically, posts that are bitching about photos that otherwise follows Fark TOS and Farktography rules are deleted. Given that most of the holidays this time of year have at least religious origins even if they aren’t currently religious to all people, it stands to reason that there will be photos of a religious nature entered. If someone has a problem with that, they can piss up a rope. We’ve actually had religion/spirituality themes on more than one occasion, and they’ve been well received, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4’ is closed to new replies.