12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

No worries! Just didn’t want it to waste too many votes.

mopsy
    Participant

Olavf, that’s one fat cat! BUT beautiful!

olavf
    Participant

Thanks Mopsy! She’s a big cat, but not as bad as some… 😉

/Every time I go to take pictures of the cats, I forget how difficult it can be. I had to pose her with the ornament, but it was absolutely not going to work with me behind the camera. Kat would get her settled the way I wanted, and as soon as her hand moved, Dallas would try and run away. I ended up getting her set up, and calming her down, and running the shutter release while Kat would do something to try and get her attention at the critical moments while standing behind the camera. Even still, it took a bunch of shots to get what I wanted even after we swapped positions. And Dallas is the more docile of the cats 😛

/and, I should have made my text “Felino Navidad les desea una Feliz Navidad”. Oh well. Good puns are hard to come by anyhow.

PandyFarmer
    Participant

PandyFarmer – isn’t the snow, like 10 feet up the hill from you? 🙂

Haha, yeah, pretty much. But there hasn’t been a day when I wasn’t working lately when I felt like driving my little car up into it.

orionid
    Participant

Envotination seems to have disappeared. A purely scientific sampling of three other envotenated threads shows that this is fark-wide. Since I just realized what time it is, kindly disregard this post, I’ll let the duty modmins know. I hope you’re all enjoying Christmas eve with your families instead of lurking online and reading my nags.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I hope you’re all enjoying Christmas eve with your families instead of lurking online and reading my nags.

Just checking in before heading out to do exactly that.

Merry Christmas to you all and may Santa’s bag be full of B&H gift cards for everyone!

Kestrana
    Participant

Merry Christmas to you all and may Santa’s bag be full of B&H gift cards for everyone!

Amen to that!

mopsy
    Participant

BecauseISaidSo, I absolutely love your blue and white entry. Every time I go throught the thread, I pause at yours.

mopsy
    Participant

Oops, that’s through, not throught!

And a Merry Christmas to all in this unique group of individuals. May next year bring the best to everyone!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Man, that would be awesome.

Just as a matter of curiosity, is anybody here especially familiar with the FSM? By my calculations, I should be a Total Farktographer (86 contests/43 entries, exactly like the FAQ says in fact), but I’m still only listed as active. Does it have to be updated manually by schnee, or is the formula different from what’s on the FAQ page?

Kestrana
    Participant

A quick look at your profile shows the issue is because you participated in Farkstronomy a couple years ago. The “Active Farktographers” list looks at your total participation as well as your recent participation, so for all those intervening contests you have a negative space building against you. It’ll take you some time to work through that. You can see orionid has the same problem, he participated in Streetlights some years before he started posting actively and he’s still not to Ultra Farktographer status.

orionid
    Participant

A quick look at your profile shows the issue is because you participated in Farkstronomy a couple years ago. The “Active Farktographers” list looks at your total participation as well as your recent participation, so for all those intervening contests you have a negative space building against you. It’ll take you some time to work through that. You can see orionid has the same problem, he participated in Streetlights some years before he started posting actively and he’s still not to Ultra Farktographer status.

Just 53 more contests to go.

Curious
    Participant

no B&H gift cards but a nice Christmas anyway.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

zincprincess
    Participant

No B&H gift cards and sadly no macro lens. I’m saving up for that and should have it by my birthday in the spring. I did get a nice backpack camera bag from PeriRies. He got a mini HD camcorder from me. When he posts his first YouTube video of the cats fighting, I’ll be sure to post a link.

All it all, it was a lovely holiday at home with my little family. Tomorrow the extended family arrives.

zincprincess
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘12-22-10 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 4’ is closed to new replies.