12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Okay, another dumb question…. And I swear I’m not trying to bend the rules, just making sure I’m not outright going to violate anything (including the spirit of the theme)

Does this include themes that allowed techniques not normally allowed? ie: HDR, Panoramics, Seasons Greetings Cards, etc.

As far as I’m concerned anything that was allowed in the original theme is allowed for this one (HDR, text etc…)

nobigdeal
    Participant

Picking a group of “finalists” image wasn’t hard this week. There are a number of photos I like but didn’t end up choosing for contests.

But… picking three out of that pool is proving very difficult. It’s like picking your three favorites kids out of a group that has been rejected once already. It’s proving to be much harder to decide what to submit this week.

I thought I knew what I wanted to use but after I went back and looked at them I was like meh…

Maybe I have just been in a bad mood lately.

Hopefully I will get more inspired by Wednesday night.

mopsy
    Participant

I think some of you are making this too difficult. With every contest, I have more than three photos that I could enter. All of them fit the rules, but I’m not sure which ones will appeal to the voter. I often guess wrong and wonder if I had entered one of the other ones if it may have done better. That’s it. Here’s the chance to enter the “other one.” Qualifications: name the contest; be sure the photo follows the rules of that contest; and hope you do better.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I could see this contest becoming an annual end-of-the-year type contest, much like our anniversary theme…

swampa
    Participant

Is there a limit to how far back we can go?

linguine
    Participant

I’d assume all previous contests are fair game since there aren’t any posted time restrictions, if we made this a yearly thing then we might want to limit it to the previous year.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I could see this contest becoming an annual end-of-the-year type contest, much like our anniversary theme…

I think that’s a fine idea… I like a lot of the entries I’m picking from this week and suspect that will be the same a year from now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, there’s no reason to limit it, at least not this year.

Curious
    Participant

Qualifications: name the contest;

just looked in my images file and have a lot of folders named for old contests full of rejects. difficulty is that i have no idea when the contests were originally. so stating the contest name = easy. date = not so much.

from the comments above this shouldn’t be a problem but wanted to check first.

corsec67
    Participant

just looked in my images file and have a lot of folders named for old contests full of rejects. difficulty is that i have no idea when the contests were originally. so stating the contest name = easy. date = not so much.

from the comments above this shouldn’t be a problem but wanted to check first.

Your fsm profile links from the theme name to the theme, which gives you the date. I am going to link to the original theme in my posts.
    Just search for the name of the theme on that page.

Curious
    Participant

Your fsm profile links from the theme name to the theme, which gives you the date.

so it does, thanks. the first one i checked was from a folder called “stairs” which it turns out was a contest called “up and down” 🙂 close enough for me.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve got mine picked. Turns out I had rather a lot to chose from, what with the Abandoned Things, Abandon All Hope, Middle of the Night, and A Second Of Your Time

justkat
    Participant

I was lucky – I actually had two pictures that were in contest folders that i was willing to submit. There were a few others that I said “there was a reason I didn’t submit that, and I’m not going to now either” lol. The last one I remembered vividly the trip to shoot for the contest and how many shots I liked from that day. Finding another I liked wasn’t hard. 🙂 That was my second best contest so far, too. 😀

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The selection process is painful for me this week. I started with 24 “finalists”, today got that down to 11 with some difficulty, drove myself nuts focusing it to 5 a couple of minutes ago, and will probably debate which to use as the 3rd entry until I hit the “submit” button.

soosh
    Participant

Does everybody know about the Fark Scratchpad that lets you preview your posts? I’m always screwing something up when I prepare my posts to cut and paste into the contest, and I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=69

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks’ is closed to new replies.