12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Does everybody know about the Fark Scratchpad that lets you preview your posts? I’m always screwing something up when I prepare my posts to cut and paste into the contest, and I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=69

Working out the HTML in advance is definitely a good idea. I’ve used the scratchpad contest for that in the past and it works well. But lately I’ve been posting “preview” pages on my personal website instead. That way I can shop the images as they will appear to kindly co-workers the offer constructive criticism. Plus the HTML pages are really simple, so I can just “view page source” and cut-n-paste the entries into the Fark submission form.

But yeah, putting up the HTML beforehand has reduced my frustration a lot. It was especially useful this week since I took corsec67 suggestion and included a link to the original contest.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve done that too, but that won’t tell you if fark is going to reject a link or a file for being too big.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Good point! So far I’ve been lucky, but might try contest “69” again if I get burned by the link checker or a big file.

corsec67
    Participant

Wow.

Fartography: where even reheated seconds are awesome.

(Hmm, that is almost a theme)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Contest linky:
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=4116159

I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to check in today…getting ready to head to a party. So if you guys need something quickly, you might want to click the “Notify Moderators” link at the bottom of the contest page. I’ll try to check in when I can, but you might get a faster response that way (unless of course we’re all too drunk).

justkat
    Participant

hahaha how ironic. about 3 minutes after i posted my entries i remembered a silhouettes picture i didn’t enter that i like better than my butterfly. D’OH!! Oh well.

nobigdeal
    Participant

WOW!

13 minutes in and I am totally blown away!!

Mopsy…we did good on this one! *high five*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Two words: Instant Classic.

/really going now
    //see ya’ll next year

olavf
    Participant

WOW!

13 minutes in and I am totally blown away!!

Mopsy…we did good on this one! *high five*

There’s definitely going to be some close voting going on this week…

Awesome pics, everyone. Really!

mopsy
    Participant

Definitely teamwork! Both of us had the same idea for a contest, but No Big Deal had the great title! What a wonderful way to end the year. Great timing Elsinore.

staplermofo
    Participant

I was expecting more barbie pics.

Uranus
    Participant

I was expecting more barbie pics.

just how many aussies do you think there are here?

swampa
    Participant

Never enough! Need more shrimps too!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Definitely teamwork! Both of us had the same idea for a contest, but No Big Deal had the great title! What a wonderful way to end the year. Great timing Elsinore.

hubby hooked me up with wireless from the party, and I’m now coming to you with beer in hand. Anyway, the credit for scheduling goes completely to U-Man–he was the one who suggested it, and it was a damn fine idea.

I now return me to my regularly scheduled beer. Happy New Year guys–thanks for the laughs and amazingly good art that you’ve shared with us.

nobigdeal
    Participant

hubby hooked me up with wireless from the party, and I’m now coming to you with beer in hand. Anyway, the credit for scheduling goes completely to U-Man–he was the one who suggested it, and it was a damn fine idea.

I now return me to my regularly scheduled beer. Happy New Year guys–thanks for the laughs and amazingly good art that you’ve shared with us.

How could we forget U-man!!

*raises beer to U-man*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘12-31-08 – B-Sides and Unreleased Tracks’ is closed to new replies.