3-6-13 – Software Hootenanny 3

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 3-6-13 – Software Hootenanny 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Any and all treatments not normally allowed software-wise are allowed/encouraged for this contest: artsy filters, exposure stacking/HDR, tilt-shift fakes, stitching, etc. NOTE: Combining multiple shots or elements thereof in any fashion you desire is fair game, but every pixel in your final image must have started its life as a pixel in a photo that you personally took. All photos used in any way for this contest cannot be used in future contests.

ravnostic
    Participant

+1 has it been 2 years already?

///oh hai! I guess so….

fluffybunny
    Participant

+1

PS. Not sure which of the stickies we’re voting on and which are hoppered.

chupathingie
    Participant

Yaknow, I may just have to get in on this one… pretty sure I can come up with 3 likely candidates out of the stack o’panos in the files…

Crap. does this mean I’m gonna have to pony up for some TF to be able to get an entry in in a timely manner?

+1

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah this theme wasn’t actually in the hopper/on the classics list, but yeah, since it had been 2 years, I figured it would be a good one, especially for casual folks since it’s such an open theme with lots of processing fun to be had. I don’t usually make decisions in a vacuum like that, but decided to make an executive decision this time and scheduled it; glad it’s got some appeal already!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

+1

Do you mean on the themes board or on this one? This one is for themes already scheduled.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I like it. So executive decision is fine by me. At least I have a while to get my pictures taken or at least selected for it.

fluffybunny
    Participant

+1

Do you mean on the themes board or on this one? This one is for themes already scheduled.

Got it, rolling onto nightshift blues goin’ on here.

ravnostic
    Participant

The real question for me is do I blow my favorite astro-shots here, or wait for Astronomy?

nobigdeal
    Participant

The real question for me is do I blow my favorite astro-shots here, or wait for Astronomy?

Save em, use this to be all HDR’y 🙂

linguine
    Participant

Save em, use this to be all HDR’y 🙂

Im probably going to use this as hdr round 1 unless I come up with a good idea for another heamer.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, if you’ve got astro stuff, I’d save it for later in March…I’m planning to schedule it late March/early April.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Hmmm, I think I may use Topaz Simplify for this theme

It’s got some awesome effects and easier than PShop.

I wouldn’t BUY it for this theme, but there is a 30 day trial for free

or, you know, you could do…other things….to get it.

ravnostic
    Participant

Gee, by March and April, I might have lots of new images (well, given the time, maybe 3). We’ll see where I go. My post-processing otherwise is not what I’d like it to be.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Query: Can I make a photomosaic? I ask because it’s an image made up of photos, so it may occupy a grey area.

(I’m not committed to anything yet, but if the option’s open, I may explore it, if it’s not, it would be a waste of time, now wouldn’t it?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘3-6-13 – Software Hootenanny 3’ is closed to new replies.