5-23-07 – Up & down

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-23-07 – Up & down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: Stairs & escalators, elevators, ramps & ladders. Difficulty – people/pets/other items may not be the main subject of your photo.

/edited by monkeybort for clarity.

monkeybort
    Participant

wahoo! thanks veruca!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ooo I like!

linguine
    Participant

Is this theme supposed to be just things that we use to go up and down with or anything that has a strong vertical component to it?

monkeybort
    Participant

mmm…..i was thinking stairs, escalators, etc. when i proposed it.

millera9
    Participant

I’m going to limit myself to things that are climb-able (ropes, climbing walls, staircases, etc.) I dunno if that fits your definition of “strong vertical component” linguine

linguine
    Participant

By strong vertical components I was thinking something like looking up a tree trunk or building, but things that we use to go up and down works for me.

millera9
    Participant

Hey now, I think a picture of a kid climbing a tree would work for this contest. After all, “trees are just staircases for monkeys”…

/Alfred Russel Wallace said that
    //Actually, he didn’t, I’m just putting words in his mouth to sound smart…
    ///Is it working?

staplermofo
    Participant

Teeter-totters?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Small rocks? Churches! Churches!

/Monty Python

monkeybort
    Participant

a DUCK!!!

millera9
    Participant

Hmmm…. maybe we should change the name of this contest to avoid confusion… “Stairs and Staircases”? “A Step Up”?

Curious
    Participant

well i shot my stairs today. and they are literally stairs, not some interpretation of waaaaaasup. and they are beautiful. technically brilliant and artsy as all hell. the voters will hate them.

but seriously i have 4 different stairs/steps and about 70 exposures to now cull through. but it was a great day, mild weather and i found pretty much what i’d set out to see.

i also have over a hundred seagulls in flight, some of which really are pretty good. continuous advance is a great feature. all told i shot 226 exposures total today.

XenPix
    Participant

well i shot my stairs today. and they are literally stairs, not some interpretation of waaaaaasup. and they are beautiful. technically brilliant and artsy as all hell. the voters will hate them.

So true!

I also have pictures of staircases, the good thing about stairs is that they’re everywhere!

all told i shot 226 exposures total today.

Pfft. Amateur! 😉

Klahanie
    Participant

*guffaw* 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘5-23-07 – Up & down’ is closed to new replies.