5-23-07 – Up & down

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-23-07 – Up & down

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    anneb
    Participant

At the rate I’m going, my photos are going to be a study in little thermometers… We’re all fighting off ugly colds here in the AnneB household. And here I was hoping to get back into the swing of things this week. I don’t think I’m going to get to some of those outrageously long red line metro escalators.

Postings will come in a bit late for the next few weeks, anyway- my kid is taking a Wed. night swim class (which is what happened last week- I totally forgot to post, ’cause class threw me so off!)

millera9
    Participant

Sorry you’re not feeling well anne! Tell the munchkin that he/she’s not allowed to swim because farktography needs quality submissions!

swampa
    Participant

Thanks Curious and Monkeybort.

I like the first one a lot more too, I just like the patterns in the teeth on the steps in the second one (I’m easily amused like that :P).

/I would feel like I’m letting down my fans if I entered only one entry!

//By fans I mean the ones in the storage area at home 😛

anneb
    Participant

Thanks Curious and Monkeybort.

//By fans I mean the ones in the storage area at home 😛

They wouldn’t fit on the escalator, would they? 😉

I love the gnome.

A friend had for several years (may still, for all I know) passed around a little wooden chicken from family member to family member, each Christmas, as a reminder of who was going to make the big meal for the
    family get together the following year. A couple years ago, I kidnapped the chicken for a week, and took it places, then presented friend with a little book of photos of all the things that the chicken did with me. (We went to the grocery, the dentist, sat on Santa’s lap, ran away to Philly….) (yes, that friend is still speaking to me.)

Since then I’ve been off and on looking for just the right thing to bring around with us on our travels, to put in our family travel photos. We don’t take lots of vacations, so I don’t think of it often, but I haven’t really found the right thing, yet.

But something like that gnome would come really close!!! I think I’m looking in the wrong places for a vacation mascot.

zeke
    Participant

Sloane: What are we going to do?
    Ferris: The question isn’t “what are we going to do,” the question is “what aren’t we going to do?”
    Cameron: Please don’t say were not going to take the car home. Please don’t say were not going to take the car home. Please don’t say were not going to take the car home.
    Ferris: [to the camera] If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away?
    [beat]
    Ferris: Neither would I.

powerplantgirl
    Participant

I love the gnome!
    Hi everyone, I’m back.
    Been working 7 days a week for 7 weeks now and today was the last day of it!!
    YAY.

Can’t wait to get out and take pics again!

swampa
    Participant

welcome back powerplantgirl!

How did you survive 49 days straight? I tend to become a tad homicidal at about the 20 days straight mark.

Oh anneb, I definately recommend a small gnome as a travel mascot! This one had a nice little tin to keep him safe in and fitted nicely in the camera bag 😀

zeke
    Participant

Woo, greenlit already! will post to Main on Thu, 24 May 2007 at 12:01 AM

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Thanks swampa!
    Yeah, we got really crabby around day 20. Then we get really slap-happy.
    On a plus note my boss needed someone to take pictures during this long stretch and he picked me, so I got some awesome plant pics!
    Makes it really nice when you can go to the camera store and buy a new lens without having to worry if ramen noodles for a month straight will hurt your kidneys in any way.

swampa
    Participant

Pah, kidneys are a small price to pay for a new lens 😛

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Pah, kidneys are a small price to pay for a new lens 😛

VERY true! I didn’t realize how much I could fall in love with a new one until I got my macro. I sat in the garden in my pajamas taking some ant pictures and it was so awesome!

Curious
    Participant

that you could get shots that close to ants or that you were in you pajamas?

hi, nice to see again.

swampa
    Participant

maybe she had ants in her pajama pants?

powerplantgirl
    Participant

I did have ants in my pajama pants after sitting there forever taking pics of them!

It was awesome just enjoying the ants. I’m amazed at how much of the little stuff in life that I was missing.
    Nice to see you too, Curious!

Curious
    Participant

the one thing i miss about my new camera and lens outfit is that the lenses (being cheap) don’t have a true macro. nor even a half life size macro.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘5-23-07 – Up & down’ is closed to new replies.