5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: It’s the Farktography Two Year Anniversary! Post your top 3 favorite submissions or your highest vote getters from the past year. Repeats from previous contests are allowed.

schnee
    Participant

“top” being highest vote getters or “top” be personal favorites?

linguine
    Participant

last year I just did my favorite 3 assuming thats what everyone else was doing and didnt get yelled at

Curious
    Participant

my top three favorites are pretty much guaranteed to not be my top three vote getters. i just can’t seem to get the hang of what the voters want. but regardless i enjoy posting when i have something that matches the theme. lately the muse has been on vacation.

mikemikeb
    Participant

This contest might as well be re-named “Everybody Try to Finish a Distant Second to chakalakasp*”.

* unless we’re all playing for third; maybe even fourth.

zeke
    Participant

This contest might as well be re-named “Everybody Try to Finish a Distant Second to chakalakasp*”.

* unless we’re all playing for third; maybe even fourth.

Maybe. But if millera9 busts out the trolls and barbies shot, it could very well be on.

mikemikeb
    Participant

Here’s the link to millera9‘s rendition of Barbie’s failed native-converting mission.

Good point, Zeke. Another similar “whoa” picture in the running is Diggin‘s Halloween photo. It’ll be interesting to see how many votes can be attained for each one on this go-around. As they say in the stock market, “Past performance does not necessarily predict future results”.

Also, don’t count chakalakasp out quite yet (not that any of you have — right?). Remember that last year’s contest was won on an entry that he hadn’t previously entered, if I remember correctly. So, we may not have a clue as to what photos will be submitted. In fact, even he might not know what they’ll be, as it’s twister season once again in the Midwest, giving him the opportunity to add even more severe weather photos to his portfolio — it could take just one really good, and perhaps fresh, one (with Flickr commenting as a guide as to which one to select)…

So I was wrong: We might as well re-title this contest “Everybody Try to Finish a Distant Fourth to chakalakasp, millera9, and Diggin*”.

*not necessarily in that order

millera9
    Participant

Ok, first off, Barbie trembles in fear (the trolls don’t tremble because they fear nothing) at the thought of having to compete with actual artistic merit and skill as was shown in many entries by many different farktographers over the past year. Secondly, if we’re allowed to enter photos that we haven’t entered previously then I probably won’t enter that same photo. I might reprise it or do something a little different, but I’ll probably enter new stuff unless we’re required to enter our three top vote-getting farktography photos from the last year. If that’s the case, well, then I guess it’s on!

veruca
    Participant

“top” being highest vote getters or “top” be personal favorites?

your favorite three – vote getters or personal favorites. will clarify in teh boobies.

schnee
    Participant

The Scarlet R report will be all hosed up this week. Please ignore it.

/yes, I can override. yes, I did it for the 1st anniversary. no, I did not make the override function accessible online.

Analogy
    Participant

Well it looks like my three highest-rated shots are the three shots I entered in… Last week’s contest. Now what? :O

swampa
    Participant

Hope people have a short memory! 😛

anneb
    Participant

Well it looks like my three highest-rated shots are the three shots I entered in… Last week’s contest. Now what? :O

Now you are glad that your highest rated shot is not *my* highest rated shot, i.e. a scan of an old, damaged print of mutant sewer poodles from heck.

🙄

RcMacStudent
    Participant

So, if repeats are allowed this week, does this mean that we can also post new pictures this week AND use them in subsequent contests? Or is that stretching it?

zeke
    Participant

So, if repeats are allowed this week, does this mean that we can also post new pictures this week AND use them in subsequent contests? Or is that stretching it?

Repeats from previous contests are allowed.

I would think that would be a negative, ghostrider.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II’ is closed to new replies.