5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

So, if repeats are allowed this week, does this mean that we can also post new pictures this week AND use them in subsequent contests? Or is that stretching it?

Repeats from previous contests are allowed.

I would think that would be a negative, ghostrider.

i concur.

/that pattern is full.

millera9
    Participant

So, if repeats are allowed this week, does this mean that we can also post new pictures this week AND use them in subsequent contests? Or is that stretching it?

Repeats from previous contests are allowed.

I would think that would be a negative, ghostrider.

i concur.

/that pattern is full.

Your idea has been deemed ‘dangerous’ RcMacStudent. Its ego was apparently writing checks that it’s body couldn’t cash. Sorry.

XenPix
    Participant

See, now I’m all confused.

I wasn’t going to enter, because I’ve only been in three contests, and they weren’t the best shots in the world. But can we enter new stuff as well? (Obviously not to enter again as previously suggested, but as a once off as per normal.)

monkeybort
    Participant

i don’t think we can enter new stuff either – it’s either your faves from the past year or the ones that did the best in the voting.

/my interpretation

XenPix
    Participant

That’s what I figured, wanted to check just in case though, because someone said about new shots.

At least I get to sleep a full night tonight. 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Can we enter something from the previous year that we didn’t enter in Farktography? Or would that count as new stuff? I’d only started Farktography this time last year and did that with one or two of my pics. It’d probably be more of an issue for total newbies and/or folks like XenPix who haven’t entered many contests yet.

monkeybort
    Participant

i think that would constitute a *new* entry, because even though it’s from your archives it would be new to farktography.

schnee
    Participant

Last year, 8 people became Farktographers in the Happy Anniversary theme – we hadn’t seen those folks before, so they MUST have entered new stuff.

I’m thinking that the preference is to only enter stuff that you’d entered before, but, like most of our “rules”, they are really just preferences. We could do some whack-job statement of the rules like “if you’ve ever entered a theme before, you must repost those entries here. The only exception is if you have fewer than three previous entries, feel free to enter new stuff (‘natch, total newbies by definition have fewer than three previous entries, so total newbies get to enter all new stuff – we want to be inclusive).”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay–I’ve got enough FT enties to choose from and having a hard enough time deciding from them 😆

If we get a total newbie (as in someone who hasn’t posted to Farktography before) should we let their entries slide? I’d hate to block them out entirely.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

schnee went there and covered it far better than I did 😆 I like that compromise, schnee.

veruca
    Participant

I don’t think in last year’s contest we had any hard and fast rule about new photos being unacceptable. This is the one contest per year which allows repeats so that was the focus – but for those new to Farktography I say bring your best!

Snug Tight
    Participant

I am going with my top 3 vote getters from last year. With The Farktography Statistics Manager, it was quick and easy to find the entries. The bad thing is I have to work tonight, so I won’t enter until 11:00 or so. Stupid job.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like Schnee has the consensus.

monkeybort
    Participant

gaaaaah i can’t decide. do i enter one that placed higher or one that got higher votes? did the high vote getter just happen in a more popular contest? was it because of Miller’s trolls?

I am in a PICKLE!!!

monkeybort
    Participant

I am going with my top 3 vote getters from last year. With The Farktography Statistics Manager, it was quick and easy to find the entries.

sounds like a commercial…

“with the Farktography Statistics Manager, regrowing my hair was a SNAP! I was also able to enhance both my pleasure AND hers, all by using the FSM! I now have a bigger penis, a clean bathroom and a delicate vanilla scent….all thanks to the Farktography Statistics Manager!”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II’ is closed to new replies.