5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Schnee – Damn I was only two seconds off doing a three simulpost in a row with you 😀

As far as I can tell, those were my first and second simulposts! A triple-simulpost probably would have been a fark first!

/I’m exclamation happy today!

zeke
    Participant

will post to Main on Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:01 AM

Curious
    Participant

well we have (at least) one new participant. Eeek just posted his farktography boobies.

and if you look at his fark profile there’s a story about that first picture but i don’t remember it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Morchella, too

Analogy
    Participant

OMGWTFBBQ FARK ISN’T LOADING FOR ME WHAT WILL I DO.

Main page loads but threads are broken. Weird.

Curious
    Participant

from Morchella‘s entries My entries are almost monochrome.

i’m reminded of the “that word doesn’t mean what you think it means” thing. they are nice shots but … well not monochrome. in fact the contrasting colors set off the subject(s) nicely.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Weird–are you using Farky or Farkit or Farkode or whatever extension thingamabob?

Analogy
    Participant

Hmm, works now.

It was an internet thing, page literally wouldn’t load. Ahh well I got mah photos posted.

Curious
    Participant

looks like it’s simulpost night.

staplermofo
    Participant

Let me explain.

I just taped some black string to the back of a stapler and hung it from the ceiling.
    The original idea was to make it look like a blue background over some grass using a towel.

But you could clearly see the string.

So I tried a darker sheet and a different angle, but then the green towel was too bright and reflected green on everything to mess up the color balance, and really brought out the tape.

Then I trimmed down the tape, used a lil stand for a mountain instead of grass, then wrinkled up the background and fiddled with the lighting and levels until the string wasn’t as visible. But then tape couldn’t hold the string where it needed to make the flying pose better.

zeke
    Participant

well we have (at least) one new participant. Eeek just posted his farktography boobies.

and if you look at his fark profile there’s a story about that first picture but i don’t remember it.

Actually, FSM says both he and Morchella are returning participants.
    http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/Eeek
    http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/Morchella

Curious
    Participant

guess Eeek forgot. from his 10:55:18 post: I’ve never enterned before. This could become the start of something fun. Here come my three. Yay!

and stapler if by “clearly see the string” you mean that tiny bit of black above the wing tip. yeah you can if you look really closely in just the right spot. and if that’s not it then i can’t see it.

schnee
    Participant

Boobies. Eventually, I’ll have time to re-automate the FSM. Right now, I need to manually kick-start it every Thursday. I blame the Fark.com site redesign.

schnee
    Participant

Zeke I can think of no cultural force with a stronger shaping force on my personality than Calvin & Hobbes. Bill Watterson’s is the guiding hand behind most of my humor as well as my love for the English language. Thanks for posting that. You made my night.

Dude, that was one of the tightest paragraphs I’ve read it a while. Structurally, it really resonated with me. And then I read your warranty card missive. Your command of the language = another thing for me to be in awe of.

/see, right there, I’m ending a sentence with a preposition. I suck.

Curious
    Participant

I’m ending a sentence with a preposition.

thought the AP style book says that’s ok now.

have no idea really but read it on fark so it must be true.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘5-9-07 – Happy Farktography Anniversary II’ is closed to new replies.