8-02-06 Graffiti

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Klahanie
    Participant

Graffiti is everywhere-photograph it.

Klahanie
    Participant

Since I can’t be here tonight I thought I would show you what sort of graffiti you might find in my neck of the woods.

I’ve seen several of these “It’s all good” thingies around here:

At the hospital parking lot:

That’s about it! Have fun tonight!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

My graffiti choices are pretty limited in my area, which brings me to a question. One of the few shots I did get contained an expletive. Will this present a problem for posting in the thread?

monkeybort
    Participant

My graffiti choices are pretty limited in my area, which brings me to a question. One of the few shots I did get contained an expletive. Will this present a problem for posting in the thread?

i don’t *think* so, but i can’t be sure. i’ve seen people post images/graphics (such as the HA!HA! guy) containing profanity and haven’t heard of repercussions. maybe you could put a note saying if anyone has a problem with it to email you and then you could ask the mods to take it down?

veruca
    Participant

i had the same problem and elected not to publish it. i figured it wasn’t worth the possible hassle if i did piss one of the mods off. but absolutely do whatever makes you comfortable!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm….I’m torn….

I was going to go out some place and shoot some more, but I have a flat tire! There’s one other possibility I might do before dinner if hubby gets home in time for me to run out real quick…

64nDh1
    Participant

Elsinore: One of the few shots I did get contained an expletive. Will this present a problem for posting in the thread?

A guide given to Photoshoppers on Fark was to imagine how an image with an expletive would look as viewed by a co-worker in a typical office environment, i.e. if it’s the full height of the image it’s a no go, if you have to look to find it and a casual glance would probably miss it then it’s worth considering posting it.

Some mods on Fark are willing to take a look at images before users submit them if they’re sent the jpegs by e-mail, and if cleared users can submit stuff with “[mod name] approved” if it’s something borderline which another mod might delete.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm thanks for the reply 64nDh1. It isn’t the entire height of the image, but it’s the focal point:

I’m thinking they’d gun it down, but maybe I’ll email. Is there an email listing for modmins? Or just use Farkback?

Marley
    Participant

Elsinore, can you post an image with the questionable word blurred, maybe with a NSFW warning over it, and link to the unaltered image? That will give people the option to see it if the boss (or the six-year-old kid) isn’t looking over their shoulder.

idle_hands
    Participant

nice ones galleywench!

*waves hiya*

hi lady elsinore! another option is to link it and label it possibly nsfw
    it looks like “shin” to my eyes
    😉

idle_hands
    Participant

doh! too slow again…

marley you have mail 8)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’oh! Why didn’t I think of that! Thanks folks 🙂

ch4r7ie
    Participant

btw, any other people post images in abandoned threads to see how they look first? or am i the only paranoid..

also how strict are we about using an image in a subsequent contest

i have an image that went down in flames in an earlier contest, now there is a more appropriate contest coming up…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I post on the Fark Scratchpad before almost every contest to make sure I’ve got my links correct. Link is:
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=69

ch4r7ie
    Participant

69 goes away after a while, plus regular farkers can see what you post there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘8-02-06 Graffiti’ is closed to new replies.