Arizona Monsoon 2010

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Arizona Monsoon 2010

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Oh yeah? Well, I got this while driving.

Video capture or what?

Rapid fire, hold ’till buffer full. Repeat. And best-guestimations as to where and when the next strike would be. Before I realized that rapid fire was faster in jpeg only than RAW, I missed a LOT of fast strikes where I had the when/where figured properly, but it hit in between shutter fires.

The one above was just a massively long strike that I was able to fill four frames with it, so I made an ani-gif.

DSC_5975a by Orionid, on Flickr

DSC_5939a by Orionid, on Flickr

caradoc
    Participant

Rapid fire, hold ’till buffer full. Repeat. And best-guestimations as to where and when the next strike would be. Before I realized that rapid fire was faster in jpeg only than RAW, I missed a LOT of fast strikes where I had the when/where figured properly, but it hit in between shutter fires.

Yep. I used to do that, until I realized that I was blowing through 500-1000 shutter clicks for any particular “keeper” in the series, so I built the trigger.

Like this one:

The Arduino trigger has certainly made that sort of shot a LOT easier for me… but I do lose quite a bit of the arborization in the main strike unless I get really lucky.

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘Arizona Monsoon 2010’ is closed to new replies.