Broke the collar bone tonight

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Broke the collar bone tonight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Low speed endo on the bike while cutting across the grass at the local park to get one more shot of the sunset on the water before riding home to eat after a nice 20 mile ride. Must have put my arm out to catch myself… btw, don’t do that. Wife is out of town, but thankfully a good friend and cyclist lived close to give me a lift to the ER. Bike is fine, did not lose or land on the Canon S90 I had with me, so hopfully one of the photos I took tonight is worth a butt load of cash… lol

hunches
    Participant

Ack! Hope you have a speedy recovery man.

kashari
    Participant

Owie! Sorry to hear about that & hope you heal quickly!

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh man that sucks!!! Hope you heal real nice and fast. I haven’t broke that bone yet and hope to never break anything else either.I’ve done the armpit to fingertips cast and man does that suck.

chupathingie
    Participant

Oblig echo of the above sentiments (ouch!)

In the future, if you get ribbed here over being a gearhead pointedly, it’s only because you posted about saving your gear and only mentioned the painful broken freekin’ bone in the header. 8)

Beer, Spongebob and whatever painkillers you can wheedle to you…

Heal comfortably.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I sympathize.

I hope you heal faster than I have.

I, too, wrecked last year… Friday before Labor Day 2011… mashed up my rotator cuff. Months and months of physical therapy (at least it was only once every couple weeks… and she was hot)… still have some discomfort… really oughtta get doing the exercises again.

fluffybunny
    Participant

In the future, if you get ribbed here over being a gearhead pointedly, it’s only because you posted about saving your gear and only mentioned the painful broken freekin’ bone in the header.

This. It was the first thing that popped into my head when I started to read the paragraph,.. “Yeah but are the camera and bike OK?” (in that order)

Here’s to feeling better,.. Bottom’s Up!

Barracuda
    Participant

Pre-crash photo op of the Schwinn Crosscut at Oak Point in Plano. Started to go through the photos from last night, a few good, but the sunset shots did not come out as nice as I had hoped.

Barracuda
    Participant

Surgery scheduled for 9:30am tomorrow. I’ve been prescribed some heavy duty pain killers, so perhaps I’ll have to start a “Ask the stoned guy” thread in Total Fark Discussion. It’s an old tradition of mine in the BikeForum’s off topic Foo forum, but that part of the forum has kind of died over the last year or so.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yikes! I didn’t realize it was bad enough to require surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Surgery scheduled for 9:30am tomorrow. I’ve been prescribed some heavy duty pain killers, so perhaps I’ll have to start a “Ask the stoned guy” thread in Total Fark Discussion. It’s an old tradition of mine in the BikeForum’s off topic Foo forum, but that part of the forum has kind of died over the last year or so.

Ouch! Speedy recovery my friend!

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks all. I had the option on if we were going to do surgery or not. Since it’s my left side and I’m left handed I decided not to risk loosing range of motion or have other issues with it not healing well. Doc said it was displace enough that he recommended it, but natural healing could have been fine put would also have been a longer recovery. Hopefully this way I’ll be able to participate in the photo walk on the 13th as well. May have to use this as an excuse to buy another camera bag though, one that’s designed to go over one shoulder only perhaps?

chupathingie
    Participant

Here’s hoping it heals fast, and that the pain pills make it all bearable!

Yugoboy
    Participant

Here’s hoping it heals fast, and that the pain pills XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

are completely awesome!

The one thing I really enjoyed about my hand injury years ago was the 5 days in a la-z-boy whacked out of my mind on codeine watching HBO for hours on end… the bliss of it all….

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

The one thing I really enjoyed about my hand injury years ago was the 5 days in a la-z-boy whacked out of my mind on codeine watching HBO for hours on end… the bliss of it all….

There’s something about forced down-time, isn’t there? I think, for me at least, that it’s the complete guiltfree-ness of it; I mean, you literally could not be doing anything else productive during that stretch of time so you might as well just sit back and enjoy the ride, so to speak. That “otherwise occupied” feelling is a also good part of why I enjoy long road trips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Broke the collar bone tonight’ is closed to new replies.