Flying with camera gear…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Flying with camera gear…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

But they is rockets and them there thing go boom!

linguine
    Participant

USA USA!!!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

FWIW, the move to require aitports to use TSA sercurity services wasn’t permanent. After 3 years any airport can elect to toss that company out and hire private securty. Some places have done just that and IMO it’s time more airport authorities follow suit. Regardless of what political leanings we all may have, I think we can all agree the TSA has been a failure on multiple levels.

zincprincess
    Participant

Good to know as I pack my crap up to fly with the family for a vacation. Will leave the little cleaning rocket at home along with my liter bottle of listerine I was hoping to carry on.

Curious
    Participant

i have one of those and i’m offended. hell i’d be offended even if i didn’t have one.

the closing comment about the pencil reminds me that you can stab a persons brains pretty easily with a pencil. it’s one of the oldest spy tricks in the book.

yeah yeah it’s theater not security but for pete’s sake at least try to be consistent.

orionid
    Participant

I quit.

caradoc
    Participant

FWIW, the move to require aitports to use TSA sercurity services wasn’t permanent. After 3 years any airport can elect to toss that company out and hire private securty. Some places have done just that and IMO it’s time more airport authorities follow suit. Regardless of what political leanings we all may have, I think we can all agree the TSA has been a failure on multiple levels.

Except that the TSA says that’ll only happen if the replacement contractors perform exactly the same procedures as the current rank-and-file blue-shirted douchebags.

And since those procedures are a large part of the problem, simple replacement of the blue-shirted douchebags with privately-contracted douchebags won’t change anything…

caradoc
    Participant

the closing comment about the pencil reminds me that you can stab a persons brains pretty easily with a pencil. it’s one of the oldest spy tricks in the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehZjjwb7-I

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Except that the TSA says that’ll only happen if the replacement contractors perform exactly the same procedures as the current rank-and-file blue-shirted douchebags.

And since those procedures are a large part of the problem, simple replacement of the blue-shirted douchebags with privately-contracted douchebags won’t change anything…

I think it will still help, for two reasons. First, the interpretations of the TSA rules is important and the TSA staff fails miserably on that count. At least a competant private security service can be managed by the airport authority to be as reasonable as possible and still following the mandated procedures. TSA will never be manageable, they are a parasitic agency of the government, by design. Second, if enough people kicked the TSA to the curb the size of the agency would shrink, hopefully out of existance. That alone would be a blessing and it left unchecked they will continue to grow and become even more intrusive.

fluffybunny
    Participant

So is it the fact that it looks like a rocket they have an issue with or all bulb type puffers? Mine doesn’t have fins,.. and yes I know it won’t be as stable at ballistic velocities. I really don’t want my puffer to get commandeered,.. in the name of Justice and Freedom,… and saving me from radical tourism.

bender16v
    Participant

I travel a lot for work and haven’t really had any problems with the TSA. I pack my rocket blower into my checked luggage since my camera bag is full, but I do carry on my camera bag and haven’t had any trouble. Even though I haven’t had problems, I do believe that the TSA is a failure. Last year I lost my Leatherman for about 3 months. It was finally found by the TSA buried in a pocket of my laptop bag. Of course they took it away, but I had flown about 6-8 time before that with it in my bag. I’m not angry they took away my knife, but what a failure that they didn’t find it before. In the meantime they make you remove your shoes, belt, and have a conniption fit if somebody has a tiny bottle of contact lens solution in their purse without a (bombproof?) ziplock bag. They are completely irrational and incapable of making any type of decision. I like to be safe when I fly, but they are too reactionary and ineffective.

caradoc
    Participant

They are completely irrational and incapable of making any type of decision.

You misspelled “stupid.”

The TSA is currently staffed with a collection of sub-morons who think they’re helping America, and thugs, thieves, molesters, and rapists who know full well that it’s pure theater but get their rocks off on their so-called “job.”

TSA Delenda Est.

caradoc
    Participant

I think it will still help, for two reasons. First, the interpretations of the TSA rules is important and the TSA staff fails miserably on that count. At least a competant private security service can be managed by the airport authority to be as reasonable as possible and still following the mandated procedures. TSA will never be manageable, they are a parasitic agency of the government, by design. Second, if enough people kicked the TSA to the curb the size of the agency would shrink, hopefully out of existance. That alone would be a blessing and it left unchecked they will continue to grow and become even more intrusive.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-29/travel/tsa.private_1_tsa-government-screeners-screening-program?_s=PM:TRAVEL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41391509/ns/travel-news/t/ditch-tsa-workers-airports-no-longer-allowed-opt-out/#.T14BsVEvas0

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2011/02/08/20110208arizona-private-security-bid-rejected-by-tsa.html

SilverStag
    Participant

I refuse to fly until they do away with the TSA. Fark them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘Flying with camera gear…’ is closed to new replies.