Flying with camera gear…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Flying with camera gear…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Wait till you get to the bottom of the bag, staplermofo 😛 😈 💡 😀 8) 😆 😉

😯

LAWL

Farktographer
    Participant

Last time I flew out of LAX, I requested a pat-down instead of the backscatter. They ignored my request. Apparently, they do that now.

ravnostic
    Participant

“Yeah, um; I’m not in to ‘scat’; may I have the pat-down please?”

I think this would go over well.

chupathingie
    Participant

See, that’s my biggest worry about flying… I’m afraid I would wax smart-ass with one of the badged drop-outs and wind up in a cell somewhere.

caradoc
    Participant

See, that’s my biggest worry about flying… I’m afraid I would wax smart-ass with one of the badged drop-outs and wind up in a cell somewhere.

After watching one of them spend quite some time trying to unscrew my circular polarizer, I’ve come to the conclusion that none of them are intelligent enough to carry on a conversation – and anything you say that they do not understand (which would probably be any word of more than one syllable) could lead to indefinite detention as a potential terrorist.

fluffybunny
    Participant

After watching one of them spend quite some time trying to unscrew my circular polarizer, I’ve come to the conclusion that none of them are intelligent enough to carry on a conversation

Priceless.

Maybe I should start packing Chinese finger puzzles. I wonder what happens when you feed them peanut butter? Do they get their heads stuck in jars?

orionid
    Participant

Don’t feed them peanut butter. Peanut butter looks like C4 in an xray. Or so I was told. Rubik’s cubes are worse because the springs look like detonators in a medium density plastic when xrayed. Eventually, I got my cube back. The peanut butter was confiscated for national security sake.

zincprincess
    Participant

This is my worry as well. I can generally keep my yap shut having flown for work enough. My husband, the infrequent and anxious flier, is another story. That’s what they make valium and xanax for, right?

Yoyo
    Participant

Don’t feed them peanut butter. Peanut butter looks like C4 in an xray. Or so I was told. Rubik’s cubes are worse because the springs look like detonators in a medium density plastic when xrayed. Eventually, I got my cube back. The peanut butter was confiscated for national security sake.

But peanut butter is not a liquid!

Yugoboy
    Participant

But peanut butter is not a liquid!

So? Since when did any of this make sense?

It’s pointless, and our grumbling, grousing, bitching and general discontent registers not a whit on their radar.

Among all the things I hate about America’s slow decline in the last 30-60 years, the TSA ranks right at the top.

Farktographer
    Participant

This is my worry as well. I can generally keep my yap shut having flown for work enough. My husband, the infrequent and anxious flier, is another story. That’s what they make valium and xanax for, right?

My old co-worker would take 2 pot cookies right before going through security, that way it’d kick in *juuuust* as he was about to go through the screening and not really hit him til he was through. Seemed to calm him down, though I’m sure others would just get super paranoid and end up in Guantanamo.

staplermofo
    Participant

I wonder how many plausible threats are born in the minds of furious customers waiting in lines.

“That motherfucker gets to keep his candles? And I can’t get a fucking bottle of scotch at the fucking duty free shop? Fucking semtex looks like wax. I bet I could hook a remote controlled electric match in there, hide it as the wick-holder, coat it all in paraffin and blow this fucker up. God this line is taking forever. Estes makes remote detonators. I think I have family in Ireland, I wonder if they’re in the IRA. The IRA used semtex, I think. Aw Christ man, you knew you would have to take off your shoes. How many years has John Madden been yelling about tough-actin’ Tinactin? He’s not a subtle man! What is the range those detonators? I wonder if I could get a bag in cargo then blow it up at take-off. What am I thinking, I should bomb these TSA jerkwads. I bet I could do it from the plane so my flight isn’t disrupted. I could just toss it in the amnesty bin. Fuck, that would just make things worse. I should get a job in the TSA and then blow stuff up. FUCK YOU LADY! LAST TIME YOU DID WANT THE SHOES ON THE CONVEYOR BELT! … … If I don’t get a raise this quarter I am killing these assholes.”

Everybody does that, right?

fluffybunny
    Participant

I wonder,…

Awesome.

/*Backs slowly away*

caradoc
    Participant

The peanut butter was confiscated for national security sake.

More likely it was confiscated because the screener had the munchies after confiscating the other jar of peanut butter that had the marijuana concealed in it.

For an “anti-terrorism” workfare group, the TSA certainly seems to take great pride in their warrantless finds of personal quantities of recreational drugs while their own blue-shirted douchebags are assisting in smuggling oxycodone and getting paid in gift cards.

swampa
    Participant

Good news everyone. Looks like you can just bribe the TSA with $100 and get through unmolested. Yay for security!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘Flying with camera gear…’ is closed to new replies.