Flying with camera gear…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Flying with camera gear…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Everybody does that, right?

Not exactly that, but I will admit to thinking out A LOT of the multifarious ways I could get various forbidden items on board. It wouldn’t take much.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I wonder how many…

Everybody does that, right?

If you weren’t on a Gov’t watch list before you probably are now!

caradoc
    Participant

If you weren’t on a Gov’t watch list before you probably are now!

If calling a TSA douchenozzle out for what he/she/it really is gets one on the watch list, or even the Do Not Fly list, then one should be proud to be on that list.

I have no idea if I am on one or not, but if I am, then “I am Spartacus!”

orionid
    Participant

No, I’m Spartacus!

fluffybunny
    Participant

Oh yeah, well I am Kirk Douglas!

caradoc
    Participant

Oh yeah, well I am Kirk Douglas!

A younger one, I hope.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

caradoc
    Participant

Bad timing. Really bad timing. Note the questions asked by the pedophile in the blue shirt.

staplermofo
    Participant

Note the questions asked by the pedophile in the blue shirt.

Obviously the kid is not there to blow up planes for Al Queda.

That said, Chicago does have a lot of bad blood with another ravaged hellhole full of uneducated, hateful degenerates; Detroit Tigers fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if scum like them wrapped their kid in C-4. It’s a different culture there, and it’s something the civilized world can’t understand. We take a hard line with them, and it isn’t pretty. I don’t expect you to understand until you see your team getting beaned.
    From where I stand, he had every reason he needed to ask if the kid liked Tigers.

Farktographer
    Participant

Bad timing. Really bad timing. Note the questions asked by the pedophile in the blue shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNO-AzPxS4U&feature=player_embedded

What the fuck. I’d like to be the internet tough guy that says, “pfft, if he ever did that to my kid, I’d freak out,” but realistically we all know that the person who does that is getting detained and missing their flight just to make a point. Fast forward a week from now, after all the articles and outrage are over, and we’ll be back to square one, or with even more implementations by the TSA. Only way to fix them is to get rid of them, IMO.

Yugoboy
    Participant

[quote=”Farktographer”…the TSA. Only way to fix them is to get rid of them, IMO.[/quote]

If Santorum (or Romney) REALLY wanted to get elected, making elimination of the TSA a major campaign pledge would go a LONG way to securing undecided voters.

caradoc
    Participant

If Santorum (or Romney) REALLY wanted to get elected, making elimination of the TSA a major campaign pledge would go a LONG way to securing undecided voters.

It’s actually one of Ron Paul’s planks. Doesn’t seem to be helping him much, though.

I just wish it were legal to take a cricket bat to the knees of anyone willing to give up my rights for their warm fuzzy feelings of illusory “safety.”

caradoc
    Participant

Just the sorts of people we all want pawing through our gear:

Busted for heroin.
    Busted for meth.

zincprincess
    Participant

Just got back from Disney World. We made it through security unmolested. My husband carried the backpack with all the computer and photo stuff plus chargers, cables, etc. They didn’t give the backpack a second look. My husband went through the backscatter thing but they sent my 5-year old and I through the metal detector.

clouddancer
    Participant

caradoc: Saw this today on my FB feed from a friend of mine. Thought you’d want to see it.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/03/23/2312228/congress-wants-your-tsa-stories?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘Flying with camera gear…’ is closed to new replies.