FSM Is Down

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I talked to my local Fry’s dude last Friday and they’re using Biostar motherboards for all their new pre-built systems now. He seemed to think they were pretty decent.

/Just ended up with a forced upgrade of my server too. Ended up with an AMD X2 (dual-core) 64-bit processor, motherboard, and 2 gigs of dual-channel ram for about $150 or so.

The ‘phenom ‘ processors start in at about $80 for a x3 core, and the x4’s I don’t remember for sure, but I think they might have been around $150 there. The motherboards can be a bit more pricey since you need the “AM2+” socket apparently.

Anyway, the biostar (it has a nVidia chipset) loaded FC10 quite nicely.

zeke
    Participant

Doesn’t FC10 load on most everything quite nicely? We’ve got it here on 6 or 7 systems of various makes and models, and haven’t had a hiccup yet. Other than the power supply that erupted into a shower of sparks and a possible flame or two, but that’s hardly the operating system’s fault 😉

olavf
    Participant

I’ve only loaded it on two systems so I can’t say that. My ancient VIA m-itx had no problems though, and my main server is happy now that I did the motherboard swap.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM Is Down’ is closed to new replies.