groovy, btw

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

that, in addition to idle’s idea of sending a disposable camera around the country/world to our various participants, sounds like SO MUCH FUN.

Oooh. I officially approve.

‘Cause that’s real important, that I approve. 🙂

veruca
    Participant

oooh, paging veruca!

ardvaark = mascot?

That or I nominate monkeybort’s smoking baby. Haha. It keeps making me laugh.

why not use both? *grin* i could probably whip something up when i get back from FL.

but if you’re serious, let me know and i’ll email you the file. or you can just grab it from the forum if’n ya want to.

idle_hands and I were discussing some projects maybe for the future – mine was adopting a farktography mascot and sending it around the world to be photgraphed by our collective selves in odd/weird locations. what do you think?

that, in addition to idle’s idea of sending a disposable camera around the country/world to our various participants, sounds like SO MUCH FUN.

Reminds me to set up a section for projects. Uno momento por favor…

idle_hands
    Participant

[

Thank you, thank you all, but you have no idea how little work I’ve done, so really, not an issue.

you’re definitely going to be beered if you’re ever in nova scotia!

so, may as well mention the “Pass the Farkamera Project” eh? hehe

i propose to buy one of those disposable cameras with say 24 or 36 exposures, then anyone who wants to participate can sign up and we’ll send it around the world. one shot each then the last one on the list has it developed and uploads the pix or sends the cd for one of us to upload (details sketchy at this point but you get the idea) so we can all see the pix.

i did have a look at them in the store and found there is a bewildering array of choices. i’ve never used one so could use some advice re: the best one for the job?

monkeybort
    Participant

[

Thank you, thank you all, but you have no idea how little work I’ve done, so really, not an issue.

i propose to buy one of those disposable cameras with say 24 or 36 exposures, then anyone who wants to participate can sign up and we’ll send it around the world. one shot each then the last one on the list has it developed and uploads the pix or sends the cd for one of us to upload (details sketchy at this point but you get the idea) so we can all see the pix.

i did have a look at them in the store and found there is a bewildering array of choices. i’ve never used one so could use some advice re: the best one for the job?

they all use 800 ISO film (at least, every single one i developed while working at the photo lab did), so not much choice there. i think our main choices are flash/no flash, and waterproof/not waterproof? i would say no flash and i am indifferent about the waterproof issue.

veruca
    Participant

[

they all use 800 ISO film (at least, every single one i developed while working at the photo lab did), so not much choice there. i think our main choices are flash/no flash, and waterproof/not waterproof? i would say no flash and i am indifferent about the waterproof issue.

i say waterproof as a safety measure. then again i am a klutz.

idle_hands
    Participant

okay, 800 iso, waterproof i saw one with zoom. is that a good idea?

monkeybort
    Participant

i’ve never seen one with a zoom…that is entering unheard of realms of fanciness for a disposable!

after more thought, i like the waterproof. a) because i too am a klutz and b) we could get some really cool underwater/droplets/rain/snow shots with it.

veruca
    Participant

Sounds good to me. Projects section is open for use as well if you want to officially pitch it there with details and the like.

admin
    Keymaster

That might be cool.. the closer to a full-featured camera, the better, I think.

idle_hands
    Participant

okay, i’ll have another look and get the bells and whistles one

ch4r7ie
    Participant

this internal box thing is spiffy

oooh, paging veruca!

ardvaark = mascot?

That or I nominate monkeybort’s smoking baby. Haha. It keeps making me laugh.

why not use both? *grin* i could probably whip something up when i get back from FL.

but if you’re serious, let me know and i’ll email you the file. or you can just grab it from the forum if’n ya want to.

idle_hands and I were discussing some projects maybe for the future – mine was adopting a farktography mascot and sending it around the world to be photgraphed by our collective selves in odd/weird locations. what do you think?

Reminds me to set up a section for projects. Uno momento por favor…

Klahanie
    Participant

Congrats on your win Charlie! Groovy. 8)

ch4r7ie
    Participant

Congrats on your win Charlie! Groovy. 8)

i used to get kicked out of the house when she was ‘undermedicated’, i got lotsa good shots during her whatchamacallits

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘groovy, btw’ is closed to new replies.