Just a head’s up…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

SilverStag has been out of commission following a serious spider bite and a hospital stay. Prognosis is currently good, but things weren’t looking good for awhile. Hopefully he’ll be back soon. If any of ya’ll have a thought to spare for him, I’m sure he’d appreciate that.

swampa
    Participant

I was wondering about him earlier today. I hadn’t seen him round for a while.

Hope everything goes well for him 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

Here or e-mail?

I hope he’s okay, I love that guy.

I sure feel like a jackass for all the spider comments now…
    What kind was it and where’d it get him?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m sure you could either email him or leave comments here (or on FB if you’re on his FB). I can’t remember if it was a black widow or a brown recluse, but it was pretty bad. He was in kidney failure at one point, though they got him out of it. I wouldn’t worry about the spider comments; he’s got a good sense of humor 😉

soosh
    Participant

Wow, glad to hear he’s getting better. Holy shit.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Wow! I saw the pics on his flickr but geeze I didn’t know it was that bad. Holy crap.

millera9
    Participant

Jebus! Glad to hear he’s doing alright now, but man that’s scary.

lokisbong
    Participant

Whoa. I’m glad he is getting better. I would rather take a bullet to the foot than get bit by a Recluse or black widow either way.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Wow that is terrible. Glad to hear that the situation is improving though. Hope to see you back soon.

SilverStag
    Participant

Thanks all. I am feeling much better, although far from up and about. The docs at the hospital told me I was “a day from dead” and actually was in acute renal failure when I was admitted- all from the infection. See my flickr stream for my current status- (Warning, it’s not for the squeamish). I have a vacuum pump that applies continuous suction to the open wound on my back, and have suction tubes running over my shoulder. I feel a bit like the Borg.

olavf
    Participant

ugh. glad you’re on the mend man. Hopefully you won’t have any long-lasting effects?

staplermofo
    Participant

It’s great you’re doing better.

Seriously though man, stop being so coy. Did they use a surgical stapler on you or not?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve been privy to quite a lot of bad news about accidents, health crisis and other general bad personal news the last few months. And I’m sorry to hear you’re part of that group SilverStag. As your story sounds particularly scary, I’m delighted to extend a “glad you’re getting better” greeting.

soosh
    Participant

I have a vacuum pump that applies continuous suction to the open wound on my back, and have suction tubes running over my shoulder. I feel a bit like the Borg.

I happen to have been attached to one of those for the past three weeks, following a surprise surgery about a month ago for a strep infection gone crazy in my leg.

Glad you’re doing better, man.

staplermofo
    Participant

All of us with chronic, unhealing wounds should get together sometime and form a mobile ersatz leper colony that taunts people at Linkin Park concerts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Just a head’s up…’ is closed to new replies.