Max Image Size Changes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Max Image Size Changes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Also, big changes in store–see the TF Forum if you’re TF for a link.

Yowzers

staplermofo
    Participant

Yowzers

This is a nightmare.

XenPix
    Participant

Yowzers

This is a nightmare.

It is certainly different, and going to take a while to get used to.

millera9
    Participant

Well, it ain’t pretty, but that’s never really put me off before! *rimshot*

Seriously though, I’m gonna have to put a bag over my computer screen just to play with fark. I don’t really care though, as long as it’s functional and still entertaining, I don’t care how it looks. So yeah, I guess my response is “meh”.

linguine
    Participant

I dont think i like it, im not going to be able to randomly highlight stuff while im reading anymore.

monkeybort
    Participant

wow. that is….interesting.

/i fear change.

Analogy
    Participant

Screenshots anybody?

mikemikeb
    Participant

OK, for us Liters who can’t see the TF thread, what’s changing? How super-de-duper horrendous is this going to be?

*I hope additional methods of TotalFark payment are included in the changes*

I dont think i like it, im not going to be able to randomly highlight stuff while im reading anymore.

Could someone please clarify this? Does this only involve people with Firefox and certain extensions or something?

zeke
    Participant

For the liters: its a new style sheet layout for the site. And don’t worry, they’re supposed to go live with it tomorrow, so you’ll get the first hand glimpse of it soon enough.

zeke
    Participant
    Curious
    Participant

the resizing doesn’t look too ugly overall but you can definitely see it in 2007-04-18 08:21:16 PM Stompn_Tom‘s moosehead lager and the counter top edge. it didn’t help XenPix‘s beer pig either. although i think all the extra white space hurt that more than the resizing. lost a lot of impact.

2007-04-18 08:02:34 PM Elsinore which is the boone’s farm one is 467 pixels but the new layout moves the image to the far right instead of just right of center on the page. if one applies the rule of thirds it’s out of place now. as are lots of others but that one seems more noticeable to me.

swampa
    Participant

I like the new design (does that make me a bad person?)

But the scalling wasn’t nice to Zeke’s winning entry last week either, poor timmy is badly aliased.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm I’m not seeing that it moved my image to the far right. Could be a browser or monitor resolution issue? Might be a good idea to report it in case it’s a bug or something they can address for different browsers.

For what it’s worth, they are working on a solution to restore the 700 max width. It will probably take a week or three, but they are working on it. For the time being, I’ll just resize my pics myself, but I definitely won’t mind if they bring back the 700 max…

monkeybort
    Participant

waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute….does farky not work with the re-design?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Possibly not, though apparently they’re working on incorporating a lot of farky/farkode elements into the redesign. Don’t think they’ll have those ready when the redesign goes live, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘Max Image Size Changes’ is closed to new replies.