Max Image Size Changes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Max Image Size Changes

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

but…but…..all my witty farky comments! gone?

*sobs*

schnee
    Participant

btw, there’s a really good chance that the FSM will be down for a bit due to the new Fark. Since I’m camping this weekend with 1.0 and 2.0, I’m not sure when I’ll have a chance to get it going again.

“really good chance” does not mean that it will break, only that it probably will.

XenPix
    Participant

I feel like such an idiot asking this, but..

Farky? Farkode?

Is that like the Boobies thing, or something else I’m missing?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh shit…I forgot about the farky comments thing. Damn, that’s gonna suck…

monkeybort
    Participant

farky – you can highlight other users in different colors so their comments stand out. for example – i have all the mods/admins farkied a pale pink. you can also add comments such as ‘asshat’ or ‘lives near me’ or ‘doesn’t enjoy bj’s’ or whatever you’d like to remember anyone by.

farkode – i *think* this assists with posting html – it will give you the code to do bold or italic or post a picture or whatever.

XenPix
    Participant

farky – you can highlight other users in different colors so their comments stand out. for example – i have all the mods/admins farkied a pale pink. you can also add comments such as ‘asshat’ or ‘lives near me’ or ‘doesn’t enjoy bj’s’ or whatever you’d like to remember anyone by.

farkode – i *think* this assists with posting html – it will give you the code to do bold or italic or post a picture or whatever.

Ooooh.

I just learnt something. STOP THE PRESS!

Thanks 🙂

Curious
    Participant

too late XenPix. they (you know – them) tell me that with the site redesign that Farky is broke. i have and tried Farkit and it wasn’t working every time. Farkode seems to still work.

if you are using firefox and post comments regularly get Farkode. it will post your comments, wash your dishes and take out the trash.

or so they say. i’ve only used it for comments.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Word is they’re trying to get the 700 pixel wide images back in within the next day or so, so it might be settled for next week.

monkeybort
    Participant

evilush has written a fix for both farky and farkit – if you ctrl+f for either of those w/in TFD you should be able to find the thread.

Curious
    Participant

thank you very much monkeybort. i had downloaded 2.0e last night but got an “update” message when i started FF this afternoon. like an idiot i installed the “update” and broke the fixed one. last night’s link in now 404 and i’d been hunting all over for the new download site.

you saved me a LOT of grief.

monkeybort
    Participant

*doffs hat*

you are very welcome! someone also wrote a script to make it look more like classic fark – gray bars w/ red names and the timestamp on the left. it *might* be in the same thread as evilush’s updates, but i don’t remember.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, it looks like they struck out with the 700 pixel thing. They couldn’t bring it back without forcing a significant number of users (like 40%) to scroll right when looking at threads with images that wide in them. So the 640 width is here to stay.

monkeybort
    Participant

well shit.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘Max Image Size Changes’ is closed to new replies.