Meet Up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Just wanted to say met up with Orionid and Kestrana in NYC this weekend, it was, as they say on the interwebs, full of Win!. Any time anyone else blows through town, definitely let me know, I find I like playing tourist from time to time!

Orionid and Kestrana at Strawberry Fields, why yes, they are taking photographs!

olavf
    Participant

cool 🙂 That’s always, always been fun in my experience.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Orionid and Kestrana at Strawberry Fields, why yes, they are taking photographs!

Do I spy a folder? 35mm or medium format? And a TLR?

/Still need to run a roll through the awesome Argus brick I bought off Orionid…

orionid
    Participant

Do I spy a folder? 35mm or medium format? And a TLR?

/Still need to run a roll through the awesome Argus brick I bought off Orionid…

You sure do spy a folder. And a sort-of tlr. Kestrana‘s Using her great-grandparents Voigtl?nder Bessa (620), and I’m using a Brownie Target 620 force-stuffed with 35mm.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oooo Voigtlander. Re-rolling 120?

orionid
    Participant

Yup 😀

orionid
    Participant

Oh, and FWIW, Ennuipoet‘s pretty cool and makes for a good tour-guide/shooting buddy.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nice. Still want to order a pre-re-rolled roll from B&H to run through my Grandfather’s old Ansco Readyflash to see if it’s worth my time to re-roll myself.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I need…. errr…. want to order a few more empty spools from fleabay so I can carry more than two respools with when we go out shooting. Especially when there’s three or four 620’s between us (frikkin kodaks and germans).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Or get a Zeiss 515 that takes 120 😉

ennuipoet
    Participant

Yeah, I need…. errr…. want to order a few more empty spools from fleabay so I can carry more than two respools with when we go out shooting. Especially when there’s three or four 620’s between us (frikkin kodaks and germans).

LOL! I think you spent more time with your arms in the bag than with hands on the camera! It did gather some strange looks! And one bride and groom.

orionid
    Participant

Or get a Zeiss 515 that takes 120 😉

Hmmm…. they’re not as expensive as I was expecting…..

I think you spent more time with your arms in the bag than with hands on the camera! It did gather some strange looks! And one bride and groom.

Heh, yeah. Although the first wedding photographer we saw did give a nod of approval.

Kestrana
    Participant

That guy was cool. The others…uh…well…

ennuipoet
    Participant

Kit LENS!

Kestrana
    Participant

I think I told everyone at work today the story about that photographer. “So get this guys, professional wedding photographer has the lowest of low end Canon dslrs and an 18-55 lens on it. And that was all she had. And then the bride asked orionid to take some vintage photos with his landcam and the photographer insisted he email her and not the bride…”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Meet Up’ is closed to new replies.