Mod Squad Changes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m sure it’s not escaped attention over the years that a lot of our core moderating team has moved on for one reason or another. It’s currently down to schnee, staplermofo, millera9, and myself, and I’m probably the main face of the mods at this point. This is not something I’ve been comfortable with for awhile. I’ve shifted decisions to be more community and consensus driven these days, but I’m still concerned there’s a possibility (or even reality) that people might think I’m calling all the shots. Given I’m also a Fark mod who still participates, I don’t like that notion.

Soooo schnee, staplermofo, millera9 and I have decided it’s time to revitalize the moderator team here. There are a lot of active, enthusiastic folks here, some of whom are already functioning as moderators for all intents and purposes. Therefore, we have extended mod status to our Boobies poster team–linguine, Morningbreath, sleeping, and swampa–and to Kestrana who has been kicking ass and taking names with the themes board. These folks have been doing work for the community, so it’s past time they be recognized for it.

Next we will be adding “At Large” mods from among a group of people who have been long term active posters here. We looked at folks who had been here at least 18 months and who had at least 750 posts to their credit (and recent posts at that). From that list, the following people have said they have the time and interest to join the mod team: Curious (who was a mod previously), lokisbong, NoBigDeal, olavf, orionid, SilverStag, and U-Man.

Finally, in spite of my deep sentimentality for our Founders and history, it’s time to retire the mods we know aren’t coming back–monkeybort, Klahanie, and veruca. They’ll be given a special title (Moderator Emeritus or something), and maybe even a board to memorialize them in some way. Look for this change in the coming days.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for what you add to Farktography, and a big thank you to the new mod staff for what they’ve done for Farktography to this point and will continue to give to the community. Fear not, the community driven consensus ideal isn’t going away, but we think adding some fresh meat–er–new folks will help revitalize the boards and community, as well as diffuse any undue influence (real or perceived) for my part.

[Edited to add Curious who accepted the modship]

nobigdeal
    Participant

I for one welcome our new Farktography Mod overlords!!

olavf
    Participant

muahahahahaha

Elsinore
    Keymaster

In other news, uh, NoBigDeal should have gotten the invite, but I fucked up my list. In other other news, the culling of old theme threads has changed everyone’s post counts so they don’t match my list now 😆

Farktographer
    Participant

muahahahahaha

😯

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Welcome to the new mods and thanks again Els for all the time you must invest in this!

ennuipoet
    Participant

My only advice to the new moderators is rule through terror. Good luck, hire reliable henchmen.

orionid
    Participant

My only advice to the new moderators is rule through terror. Good luck, hire reliable henchmen.

Ha!

I mean…. mwahahaha!
    /Are you for hire?

nobigdeal
    Participant

In other news, uh, NoBigDeal should have gotten the invite, but I fucked up my list. In other other news, the culling of old theme threads has changed everyone’s post counts so they don’t match my list now 😆

Sniff Sniff…Thank You, Thank You very much. First I wanna thank The Academy, and Jesus and my mom and Canon and Nikon…

Sooo… when do we get our ban hammers? I would like mine in platinum with large spikes on the end!

Kestrana
    Participant

All the reason to post more!

*cough*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol!

Sooo… when do we get our ban hammers? I would like mine in platinum with large spikes on the end!

You boys and your ban hammers! Or ban cannons as linguine says.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ban tasers?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I really do like the sound of “ban cannon”…thankfully our little corner of internet is quiet enough we haven’t had to use those very often.

lokisbong
    Participant

I like Ban Hammer. I think that might be some Norse blood showing itself. Ban cannon would be cool also. But really I prefer to use my Canon for more peaceful uses.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol good points there, lokisbong 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Mod Squad Changes’ is closed to new replies.