Mod Squad Changes

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Woah, congrats on the promotions, new mods!

NoBigDeal, you have to make your own Ban Hammer, I think. Maybe you can borrow one from SilverStag, looks like he’s got three already …
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjern/5611959710/in/photostream/

… I was wondering what those were for 🙂

orionid
    Participant

I’d personally like to have ban grenades or a ban bazooka. Not quite the same poetic ring to it, but oh what fun they could be.

In unrelated questions, is there any chance one or several of us could use our new modmin powers to fix the ability to upload custom avatars without the damn “unauthorized extension” error?

/I already tried. Don’t feel like brushing off old skillsets and backdooring Zeke. At least not without elsinore‘s approval.
    //And probably a handy camera for her.

sleeping
    Participant

Woah, congrats on the promotions, new mods!

NoBigDeal, you have to make your own Ban Hammer, I think. Maybe you can borrow one from SilverStag, looks like he’s got three already …

Or use this:

War Hammer by awrose, on Flickr

lokisbong
    Participant

This is my hammer.

4-14-2011 by lokisbong, on Flickr
    Not as pretty as sleepings hammer but pretty damned effective.

olavf
    Participant

I’m still partial to this one…

Bonus: it makes squeaky noises when you hit people with it.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah that’s a pretty cool shot too. I love the cartoon style stars.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That one made me laugh in the thread and it makes me laugh again today 😆

In unrelated questions, is there any chance one or several of us could use our new modmin powers to fix the ability to upload custom avatars without the damn “unauthorized extension” error?

/I already tried. Don’t feel like brushing off old skillsets and backdooring Zeke. At least not without elsinore’s approval.
    //And probably a handy camera for her.

lol! I think the last time we looked into it, the reason we couldn’t do it was Zeke upped security on the site, and said security measures prevent said custom avatars. I’ll look into it, though, and ask him about it. There’s some other stuff that needs to happen under the hood here in general.

soosh
    Participant

My only advice to the new moderators is rule through terror. Good luck, hire reliable henchmen.

In declining to moderate, I mentioned that my moderation style was probably a lot more Lord of the Flies than this place should have to tolerate.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It was a memorable line to be sure 😉

orionid
    Participant

lokisbong
    Participant

That’s excellent orionid!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL nice

/soooooooo need a like button for that post

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And just as an FYI–Curious is back in his role as moderator (he stepped down a couple years ago). So our mod mob…er team is now complete 😉

olavf
    Participant

haha! Awesome orionid!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Mod Squad Changes’ is closed to new replies.