Official Voting Change Review

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Official Voting Change Review

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

(Note from Elsinore: Please use the poll here to vote or vote in the Fark Farktography Forum. Do not email Gwinny, as I will handle the Farktography side of things. Please vote in the poll even if you’ve already sent an email or Farkback regarding the voting changes–thanks!)

Posted in the PSAEF:

http://www.fark.com/comments/6/Fark-PhotoshopAudioEdit-Contests-Forum-Discuss-stuff-here-instead-of-in-actual-Photoshop-threads-Forum-is-open-to-non-TotalFarkers-so-you-may-want-to-avoid-discussing-upcoming-contests#c75394281

From Gwinny:

About the voting system:

Based on your feedback/thoughts, we are looking into modifying the current voting system in the PS contests. So I can report back to the powers that be correctly, please email me your preference for the voting system:

A. Keep as is with Best and Funniest (no changes)
    B. Keep as is, but having voting tallies combined for both Best and Funniest
    C. Go back to one button (Best)
    D. Tweak the 2-button system in some other way (if you choose this, please provide suggestions)

OK, have at it! Also, please note that this will likely be the last change to the system.

Please do not email Gwinny with your votes, Elsinore is handling the Farktography side. I am sure she will be along to tell us how and where.

We’ve yelled and kicked now is the time to actually make your thoughts known.

Good luck, we’re all counting on you.

/FWIW I am voting for going back to the One Button System

(Edited by Elsinore to add an official poll)

fluffybunny
    Participant

Sent my vote for one button system.

ennuipoet
    Participant

According to Gwinny, Elsinore is handling out moaning and complaining about the voting so I am thinking we should probably talk to Els about it.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ah. Well. I already sent my email to her. heh.

This is what I said:

Kestrana from Farktography here. Ennuipoet posted that you were soliciting input from the PSAEF forum on voting preferences. Farktography has been greatly impacted by the change to the voting scheme. Most users hate the new system. You can see some of the discussion at the following threads:

http://www.farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3255

http://www.farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3256

I can’t speak for every Farktography but I think most would be happy to go back to the old system.

Here’s my personal suggestions though – bear with me, it gets a little complex.

I think to please everyone, if it were possible to enable which buttons are present when you submit a theme, that would be the best option. I.E. In thread creation have the check box for “Enable Voting” and then a check box for “Best” and “Funny” independantly. Then you could enable a button that says “Best” only OR both a “Best” and “Funny” button OR only a “Funny” button. For us this would be great. If we’re doing a theme like Apples vs. Oranges. We could enable a Funny button. Most Farktography themes would have the best button. Threads like Headline of the Year could employ only a Funny button. And if the particular contest warranted it, the option for both exists. If you follow this route, I think you should be able to see voting tabulation pages for Best, Funny and Combined, depending on the options selected.

If the system doesn’t support my idea, having the ability to change the text of the vote button based on the intent of the thread would still be nice. If that’s also not possible, just go back to a single “Vote for Me!” button.

If for some reason enough people want two buttons, please, please, please let the voting page show combined votes. Something like kestrana [totalfark] 28 votes; 11 Best, 17 Funny
    Doing this would enable us to still determine a winner in Farktography rather than a split winner which is what we’re doing now to the grumbling and confusion of everyone.

I know we’re a comparatively smaller segment of the population and I appreciate that Fark is reviewing this issue, which has negatively impacted the grou

SilverStag
    Participant

I hate it when you impact the grou. It’s so messy to clean up.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I hate it when you impact the grou. It’s so messy to clean up.

What a Gro(osalugg) might look like.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, so what I’d wanted to do was an actual poll. I’m not sure if I can add that to the top of this thread, but I’m going to try. Otherwise, I’ll post a new thread.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Alrighty, it let me add a poll. Please vote in the poll even if you’ve already sent a Farkback or email to Drew or Gwinny or anyone else. This poll will also be posted in the Fark Farktography Forum.

lokisbong
    Participant

Voted and the voices seem to be yelling for a change back to the original way. 😮 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s ewe-nanny-mous, thusfar!

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Can I vote more than once for returning to the old system?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

For whomever voted for tweaking in some other way, can you elaborate? (Unless that was you, Kestrana with your dual options during headline posting?)

Kestrana
    Participant

It was indeed me. However I’m 100% okay with returning to the old system if my idea couldn’t be implemented.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No worries, just wanted to pass along any and all feedback and make sure that bit was tied to the “tweak in some other way” vote. I’ll also mention you’re fine with a single vote.

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m voting communist. We total the votes of a given theme, then divvy them up to person by number of submissions they had. This way, nobody gets hurt, and it doesn’t matter how hard or how little you work at your photos. Whaddayasay? 😉

/Voted to bring back the 1-vote.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Official Voting Change Review’ is closed to new replies.