Pass the blankamera

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Pass the blankamera

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

And the camera is off to Europe!

orionid
    Participant

This sounds like fun. Count me in. Any chance of a common board or maybe a website to post the photos to? How about the website idea that SilverStag was looking for. Something along the lines of “one camera, many farktographers.”

/my $.02

RcMacStudent
    Participant

How about the farktography group on flickr? http://flickr.com/groups/farktography/

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make different albums of pooled photos in Flickr groups? It’d be quite cool to have separate albums for the Farkamera and the Blankamera in addition to the general pool.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well I picked up my Farkamera film today, and as I suspected, it didn’t turn out. Not a single shot. I suspect I messed up when I loaded it, but who knows. Hopefully Uranus will have better luck!

Uranus
    Participant

ha! some hope. it’ll be my first time with anything other than a P&S film camera. I’ll try not to let the side down (and remove the lens cap….)

jpatten
    Participant

How do we get in on this? Do I need to PM an Address to someone?

staplermofo
    Participant

There might be a roll of film in there marked “bad” or “practice”.
    If there is, please get practice until you’re comfortably sure it’s going to work out.

I’d feel pretty awful if more people end up like Elsinore (not that I don’t already feel pretty awful about Elsinore).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah there’s a practice roll in there, and I actually praticed with it (though I’ve shot a 35mm SLR before). Uranus: You might need to take some tweezers to the canister to get the film out of it long enough so you can practice loading it. I think I just must not have seated it into the sprockets properly. Ah well. Don’t feel too bad about me. I feel worse; I have teh dumb.

jpatten: It’s off to Uranus right now. It’ll go roughly in order of the people who voiced interest in the thread here, so once it comes up your turn you can just pm your info to the person who’s ready to send it to you.

jpatten
    Participant

no problem…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not having much luck with this camera *sigh* Today it came back, the box all beat to hell with a Return to Sender sticker on it. There’s no reason checked on the list of reasons. Not sure what to do at this point…

staplermofo
    Participant

We could start over with a camera not stolen from an ancient Indian burial ground.

There’s a relatively new public burial ground I’ve been meaning to loot.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m not having much luck with this camera *sigh* Today it came back, the box all beat to hell with a Return to Sender sticker on it. There’s no reason checked on the list of reasons. Not sure what to do at this point…

I don’t know what shipping service you used to send the camera to Uranus but it must have been expensive! …thanks I’ll be here all weekend! Try the veal.

I ships stuff internationally almost every day.

If you want to send it to me I will ship it off to teh Nederlaands next.

Uranus
    Participant

maybe they thought it was a bomb( in anticipation of my results, no doubt)….you can feel free to send c.o.d. if you wish. the farkamera got here fine by UPS last time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m really sorry this has been so delayed. I’m kinda once-bitten-twice-shy about shipping it (again) to Europe, so how about I send it to NoBigDeal and it can go to Uranus after that? NBD, pm me your addy and I’ll send it out to you.

FWIW, I shipped it USPS to the Netherlands. The box was so banged up when I got it back, I suspect they decided it was damaged, but I’ve gotten banged up boxes from the UK with no issues, so I’m not sure why it was a problem. There was a place to check that says the package is damaged, but they didn’t bother checking anything. Seems pretty crappy to accept it all the way to its destination country, then decide to refuse it based on it being “damaged” then proceed to send it all the way back to its origin. Ah well….

nobigdeal
    Participant

Ok, I’m really sorry this has been so delayed. I’m kinda once-bitten-twice-shy about shipping it (again) to Europe, so how about I send it to NoBigDeal and it can go to Uranus after that? NBD, pm me your addy and I’ll send it out to you.

FWIW, I shipped it USPS to the Netherlands. The box was so banged up when I got it back, I suspect they decided it was damaged, but I’ve gotten banged up boxes from the UK with no issues, so I’m not sure why it was a problem. There was a place to check that says the package is damaged, but they didn’t bother checking anything. Seems pretty crappy to accept it all the way to its destination country, then decide to refuse it based on it being “damaged” then proceed to send it all the way back to its origin. Ah well….

Sent!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • The topic ‘Pass the blankamera’ is closed to new replies.