"Pass the Farkamera"

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects "Pass the Farkamera"

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dunno about the shelf life of film in general, but I’ve had stuff I developed months or years after the fact and it was fine. Probably not ideal, but I’m guessing by the time the farkamera gets developed, it should still be ok, providing it hasn’t been damaged by xrays. Maybe we should put something to the effect on the outside of the box? Film inside, please do not xray, something like that? Course that might make them want to xray it 10 times over lol.

Regardless, the Farkamera has made its way to our doorstep!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/336963650

And waiting beneath the Farkamera, the foam, and the log of where it’s been was this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/336963651

I laughed out loud! And of course, I also had to capture the moment with some pictures. I used my new Lensbaby 3G–Christmas pressie from Zeke w00t!

Anyway, we’ll get some shots on this puppy and send it along to the next person toute de suite.

CaptainJim
    Participant

Damit, I didn’t even think to look under the foam to find cool things. I could of hidden a WITFP(wennie in the farkamera package) in there.
    😀 😀 😯 😀 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL CaptainJim!

I got my shot knocked out today. Zeke still needs to do his, but will get on that asap. I took the Farkamera to my favorite (and oft-photographed) little cemetary behind our house:

Do you see it?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/344494702

Here it is!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/344494700/

Incidently, the stone it’s sitting on is the one I used for the incense/smoke ghost back on the Halloween theme.

Ok, so who gets this next? I haven’t looked at Frappr, yet, but will double check.

dgough
    Participant

Elsinore

Ok, so who gets this next? I haven’t looked at Frappr, yet, but will double check.[/quote]

You asked on the third. Today is the 8th. Any takers yet?

Do you see my hand in the air? 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well I’ve looked at Frappr, and they’ve done something to it to make it much less navigable, at least under Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera. The map itself disappears for some reason. But it looks like the next candidates would be either dgough in Michigan, Ray in Tennessee, or ubernerd42 in Georgia. If I don’t hear from someone soon, I’m going to send it on to dgough

monkeybort
    Participant

sounds like a good plan – too bad about frappr! that was handy.

Morningbreath
    Participant

how many pictures are left? enough to make it to New England?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The Farkamera is up to 14 or 15 (kinda hard to tell) of 27 exposures, so I would think we have enough to get to New England.

I haven’t heard from anyone else, so dgough PM me your address and I’ll ship it up to you!

dgough
    Participant

Done. Sorry for the delay. I just got home from Laredo, Tx. The weather made for a longer trip.

JP

renko
    Participant

I had a look at the Frappr page, and if it’s an accurate indication, it’s KY to TX to WA, then AK, and then back to WA before going to Australia. I’m in Victoria BC, can I sneak into the order somewhere before it goes to Australia, or I can just wait for it on the return trip? Who would want it after me? Or after Australia?

How much has it cost to mail this thing? Across the USA, for example?

ps: thanks Elsinore for posting shots of the farkamera on flickr so I could find out about this great project!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It will be heading to Michigan next, for dgough, then where it goes is sort of dependent on who’s still around to call for it next lol. But it’s still making its way eastward. There’s been talk of starting up another Farkamera, though, if this one doesn’t get to you. Idle Hands should be able to answer the cost issue–she originally sent it from Canada to the US (I think).

dgough
    Participant

After adding mine to the collection I will return here for counseling on where it goes next.

swampa
    Participant

Yes!!! Send it to Australia!!!

I promise to take photos of kangaroos or koalas … or koalas in kangaroos (ok, maybe not :P)

/I don’t actually expect someone to send it over as I imagine it would be a quite expensive endevour. Mind you, starting another camera over here and sending it via a different route might be an idea.

dgough
    Participant

The package came today during my mid-day nap. Wifey received it. In good condition.

OMG! NOW what the hell do I do!?:lol:

I’m not opposed to sending over seas. http://www.usps.gov has a rate calculator. I didn”t see anything cost prohibitive.

I’ll return here for guidance as to where it goes next.

JP

millera9
    Participant

How’re things going dgough? Any updates?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 301 total)
  • The topic ‘"Pass the Farkamera"’ is closed to new replies.