Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Alternatively, a recognition sort of prize such as IDK, your winning picture and Fark handle appearing in the sidebar of Fark for the week would be a better reward to me than a free t-shirt.

That is a really good idea.

Kestrana
    Participant

If Photoshoptography wanted to latch onto that I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to load up a random assortment of “week’s best” that would change when you reload the page. Maybe put the top 5 or 10 from last week’s photoshop and the winners of the photoshop contests (since there’s a lot each week).

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of prizes for farktography, it think it would lead to outright vote whoring every contest.

I like the idea of the side bar. If you want to do something like that an e-mail to Drew or Mike could get the ball rolling. They are planning a redesign anyway (I assume this is public knowledge at this point).

orionid
    Participant

You know who else planned a redesign?

Kestrana
    Participant

If you want to do something like that an e-mail to Drew or Mike could get the ball rolling. They are planning a redesign anyway (I assume this is public knowledge at this point).

Email sent

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t like the idea of prizes for all the reasons already stated. But I *love* the idea of the sidebar recognition.

SilverStag
    Participant

I don’t like the idea of prizes for all the reasons already stated. But I *love* the idea of the sidebar recognition.

Yeah, this.

linguine
    Participant

If someone wanted to pay for prizes for farktography maybe we could get them to put the money towards buying add space for us to use on the redesign since the last redesign seemed to be about increasing add space.

Farktographer
    Participant

Yeah, this.

Ditto to this ditto. Ditto squared?

millera9
    Participant

I am squarely in the “oh HELL no” camp. I already get paranoid when I miss the top ten by a single vote and start thinking, “man, %)(*#$& must have created a dummy account and voted twice for him/herself”. Prizes would give my psychotic ramblings some credibility, and that’s never a good thing.

Kestrana‘s recognition idea would be pretty cool, though!

Curious
    Participant

I am squarely in the “oh HELL no” camp. I already get paranoid when I miss the top ten by a single vote and start thinking, “man, %)(*#$& must have created a dummy account and voted twice for him/herself”. Prizes would give my psychotic ramblings some credibility, and that’s never a good thing.

THIS

to both parts. but mostly the latter.

ennuipoet
    Participant

THIS

to both parts. but mostly the latter.

I get all tingly seeing my pic on the Farktography scroll through, I would pee my pants to be on the Fark mainpage.

orionid
    Participant

I get all tingly seeing my pic on the Farktography scroll through, I would pee my pants to be on the Fark mainpage.

This.

Kestrana
    Participant

Drew replied to my email, thanked me for the feedback and told me right now they are planning ridiculous/stupid prizes. If you like the idea about main page recognition of sorts, feel free to email him too. Or maybe we could start a petition

orionid
    Participant

“Ummm…. Drew? We just got a petition signed by people with names like ‘orionid,’ ‘curious,’ and ’cause I said so.’ What the fark is that?”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!’ is closed to new replies.