Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Well that’s why they have to do it. Cause I Said So.

Farktographer
    Participant

Ba-dum KISH!

Curious
    Participant

“Ummm…. Drew? We just got a petition signed by people with names like ‘orionid,’ ‘curious,’ and ’cause I said so.’ What the fark is that?”

Drew has no doubt forgotten my user name now but back in the old days of the first crossover contest we were tight.

and by tight i mean he answered my email

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Hey, it worked (mostly) for my kids. At least it stopped the incessant “Why?”‘s and “How come?”‘s.

Seriously, though, I’d sign a petition.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

In the interest of getting a representative sample of community opinions, I’ll just note that I’m not opposed to prizes and I don’t think it would have a negative impact on the way people participate in the contest (either the voters or the people submitting entries). There might be some initial flurry of weirdness at the beginning, but as long as the prizes are consistently given out over and it’s sustained over time, I think any shenanigans will die off. I said pretty much the same thing when this came up in the PSAEF. But I’m also not overly excited about adding prizes either, so I’m not going to protest strongly either way.

But I did want to register the opinion that as long as it’s small prizes, sustained for awhile, and it’s not overthought or overcomplicated, I don’t think it would be disruptive.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

If the goal is to encourage participation and bring in new users, I’d say that would be better achieved through prizes awarded to a random participant each week, as opposed to one who placed high. From an outsiders standpoint, a prize for 1st isn’t gonna draw me in unless I’m pretty darn certain I’ve got a 1st-place entry. However, there are usually only 60-70 entrants in any given week, so a 1-in-70 chance of winning something just for entering would be more enticing, I’d think.

soosh
    Participant

I’m all for the sidebar recognition, but don’t care so much about the prizes. I think a link to the FSM somewhere on the main page would be cool, too.

A month of free TF for the winner each week might be a cool enough nod that doesn’t make people go all crazy trying to rack up votes.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Prizes? In My Fark? It’s More Likely Than You Think!’ is closed to new replies.