Published again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Published Again by Orionid, on Flickr

The Spring 2011 issue of Oregon Humanities featured this original photo in a rather impeccably-timed article about life after the accident at Three Mile Island Unit Two.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats again! Another random find from your flickr sets?

ravnostic
    Participant

Nice!

kashari
    Participant

Awesome, congrats orionid!!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Congrats!!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Excellent, congratulations!

lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats indeed.

orionid
    Participant

Thanks guys!

CISS, you’d be correct.

SilverStag
    Participant

Very nice!

I just did an e-book cover: http://twitpic.com/4fdgc0

Lovesandwich
    Participant

w00t!

Farktographer
    Participant

Wow, congrats – those are amazing photos!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well done *golf clap*

Farktographer
    Participant

Still being a fledgling photographer, can someone tell me how you’re getting your photos published? I know my photos aren’t nearly the needed quality right now, but still, a guy can dream 😀

Do you just post these things on flickr and wait for someone to contact you? I saw they also have the Getty Images submissions – did you do it through that? And how about finding contests, like the one kashari won with her horse photos? Doing searches on the interwebs only brought up massive numbers of sites promising to host your images for a low-low fee until you become super famous.

Kestrana
    Participant

Start local. No Big Deal photographs local bands on the rock/metal scene and Caradoc has a gig with a local theatre, for example. Entering contests might not win you any money to start but it can get you a little recognition.

But in orionid‘s case, he was approached by the organizations which found his photos on Flickr. Focus paid him, Oregon Humanities, being a non-profit, did not.

ravnostic
    Participant

Farktographer (and anyone else), I came across this the other day. Up to 35 entries in 5 different categories. I plan on entering some of my pictures, even though I don’t ‘plan’ on winning–you never know! Read the ‘Rules and Terms’ and FAQ’s; there are stipulations that you need to be able to meet if you enter.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/photocontest/9th-annual/?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=printmagazine&utm_campaign=2011-March&utm_content=photocontest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Published again’ is closed to new replies.