Road Trip!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Participant

O, I’m back to Los Angeles and heading up the coast to Portland and possibly some points beyond. If you’ld like me to pay you a visit along my route north or on my way back home to Las Cruces, then PM for contact phone number. Ask Plamadude30k for a reference if needed.

caradoc
    Participant

If you happen to pass through the Phoenix area, I’ll stand you to a beer.

olavf
    Participant

I’ll post some more later, but I can attest that yoyo is real person 😉

chupathingie
    Participant

I’d extend an offer of hospitality, but I think Amarillo is a bit out of your way…

Yoyo
    Participant

Well, if I get the job in Elk City that I interviewed for on Tuesday, then we’ll practically be neighbors.

Thanks for the hospitality Olavf. The capital gardens and memorials were a nice photo stop. I left a departing gift on the front porch. Disfruta!

olavf
    Participant

Our pleasure yoyo! And yeah, that area is nice. I wish I could have played hooky today 😉

And thank you! You really didn’t need to do that.

Yoyo
    Participant

Well, the Portland visit is coming to an end, and I’ll be heading back to New Mexico on Saturday (today).

caradoc
    Participant

You heading back down through LA, or taking the route through SLC?

Yugoboy
    Participant

Are there any Farktographers in the Allegany area (extreme SW NY or NW PA)?

I’d love to do a meet and shoot when I visit the area in a couple weeks.

chupathingie
    Participant

~20 years ago I’d have been all over that. I lived in Watertown for a couple years, less than 1/2 day’s drive. You’re not far from a lot of scenic beauty that only the locals seem to know about.

Yugoboy
    Participant

~20 years ago I’d have been all over that. I lived in Watertown for a couple years, less than 1/2 day’s drive. You’re not far from a lot of scenic beauty that only the locals seem to know about.

Allegany… not Adirondacks. We did the Adirondacks in late June. Drove right through Watertown.

Allegany’s more like Chataqua, Salamanca and Fredonia in NY and Erie PA.

Thanx for the thought, though… anyone else?

chupathingie
    Participant

Watertown ain’t the ‘Dacks… it’s Lake Ontario… Heh, before long folks will be calling New Paltz “upstate” if I let ’em… 😉

orionid
    Participant

Spent a couple years in Kittanning. You won’t be far from a lot of beauty that even the locals don’t know about. If you have the time, thunderstorm season into autumn along the Laurel Highlands trail is absolutely beautiful.

Kestrana
    Participant

orionid and I will be in Reno, VA Sept 17-18 and Portland, OR Sept 22-25th if anyone is about those parts.

orionid
    Participant

orionid and I will be in Reno, NV Sept 17-18 and Portland, OR Sept 22-25th if anyone is about those parts.

-FTFY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Road Trip!’ is closed to new replies.