what happens in Vegas…..

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill what happens in Vegas…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Snug Tight
    Participant

My wife and I would have the best possibilty of going if it is the first (Oct. 6-7) or the third (Oct. 20-21) weekend. She has to work the other weekends. She isn’t a big fan of Vegas, but I think I could talk her into it.

Klahanie
    Participant

i was thinking a weekend – have some sort of meet and greet friday evening, people can see the sights or gamble or ride the rides on saturday, massive drinking on saturday night, sunday for wishing you were dead and traveling.

obviously people can stay as long as they like, but that’s sort of what i had brewing in my brain for the farktog party part of it.

That’s pretty much what I was thinking, but if the Mr. and I can swing it we’re going to try to make it over to Harvey’s in Tahoe for our 15th anniversary on the 12th. Yay for returning to the scene of the crime.;)

Do any of you play Texas Hold-em? I’ve only ever played online, and only for fake money, but I frigging love it. I do really well in the small tournaments, but it’s probably much easier when you don’t have to listen to all the smacktalk.

Klahanie
    Participant

My wife and I would have the best possibilty of going if it is the first (Oct. 6-7) or the third (Oct. 20-21) weekend. She has to work the other weekends. She isn’t a big fan of Vegas, but I think I could talk her into it.

I hope you do talk her into it. There’s a lot to do there and most of it doesn’t cost too much.

veruca
    Participant

Do any of you play Texas Hold-em? I’ve only ever played online, and only for fake money, but I frigging love it. I do really well in the small tournaments, but it’s probably much easier when you don’t have to listen to all the smacktalk.

I do a little bit but my poker face sucks and I hate the staredown/smacktalk part so I play mostly online, but mr. veruca would enter a tourney with you with no hesitation.

I really hope this works out – would be so much fun. So many cameras, so little time 😉

Curious
    Participant

cameras?

monkeybort
    Participant

i’ve never played, but i liked the movie ’rounders’ – does that count?

😛

Klahanie
    Participant

i’ve never played, but i liked the movie ’rounders’ – does that count?

😛

I don’t think I’ve ever really watched that movie, so yes, and bring lots of cash. 😛

monkeybort
    Participant

ok, i’m posting to bring this back to the top of the queue – do we have any progress? further thoughts? are people still interested?

millera9
    Participant

I’m still interested. I’m actually going to be in Vegas next week for a conference so if ya’all want me to do any research on hotels and find out about group rates, now would be a good time. I know the Rio (where my conference is) will offer group rates on a block of 11 or more rooms. The other hotels are probably about the same. Think we can generate that many interested parties?

monkeybort
    Participant

i’m still interested; i guess i need a ballpark of cost before i can commit to anything fer sures, but i’d definitely like to go!

Klahanie
    Participant

My husband took a new job with a new schedule so October is out for us. 🙁 I was a bit pissed, but it is a better job so I can’t say that I blame him. The middle of Novemeber would probably work for us, but if you all want to go ahead with the original plan, go for it. If there is any way we can swing it, we will.

The Stratosphere looks like a cool hotel and had the best prices the last time I checked.

monkeybort
    Participant

i’d also be down with Nov – then i could sell it as a birthday trip to mr. ‘bort! 😛

linguine
    Participant

Id be interested in going but I just started a new job so Im not sure how long it will be until I want to make a trip like this.

Klahanie
    Participant

Sweet, that would be a fun birthday for sure.

It could just be a weekend thing Linguine and it’s still a few months away so don’t say no just yet. 🙂

millera9
    Participant

November’s ok for me. Actually, October is going to be a trainwreck already so it’s probably better if it’s November. Work is really slow around the end of the year usually…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘what happens in Vegas…..’ is closed to new replies.