01-02-08 – What a Load of Crop

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-02-08 – What a Load of Crop

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

Question: Does this link to original must to be full size original ? Or, can it be size down to a pic easy viewed for dial up Farkers ? Probably silly question, but can original photo be resize to small view as long it can be viewed as entire, original frame ? Ugggh, do you understand this mess of words ?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t think it has to be full size, just uncropped. I almost never post full size photos online; saves on storage/bandwidth.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Thank you. I’m glad to know this. 8)

jpatten
    Participant

I will need to remember to re-size the originals

corsec67
    Participant

I will need to remember to re-size the originals

I am just going to link to the un-cropped version on flickr, and let flickr take care of the bandwidth and various sizes.

jpatten
    Participant

well I have photobucket right now… would flickr serve better?

corsec67
    Participant

yes. photobucket is more for stuff like the photoshop competitions, and flickr is a place to have your whole photo album. A lot of farktographers are on flickr, so you can comment on their pictures directly and not clutter up the fark discussion with stuff about the one picture.

Flickr does take care of resizing and giving you thumbnails and such, so it is quite convenient. The main problem is that the 500px image that flickr gives you is smaller than the max size that fark allows, but sometimes is over 200k so that fark rejects it based on file size. I use my personal host for the image that goes in the competition itself and then link to the flickr page.

You could probably use photobucket for the image that goes in the competition and then link to the flickr page.

jpatten
    Participant

sounds good… will get flickr setup

sleeping
    Participant

Flickr does take care of resizing and giving you thumbnails and such, so it is quite convenient. The main problem is that the 500px image that flickr gives you is smaller than the max size that fark allows, but sometimes is over 200k so that fark rejects it based on file size. I use my personal host for the image that goes in the competition itself and then link to the flickr page.

When I want to post a 640px wide image for a contest where I don’t have it sized conveniently, I just upload the resized version to Flickr, mark it private, and post it to the contest with a link to the public image.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Mmmmm !

What were you think, sinner ? 😆

I hope RugbyJock will vote for me on this !

Flavivirus
    Participant

Wow, that’s NSFW without being NSFW! 😛 I guess I’m a sinner.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Oooof ! 😯

Sorry, do you guys think is too NSFW? If so, I will not post it. I just think on it as very different from original and wanted to try some other. I don’t crop much photos. I have one other to post, but is not much as a big change as this image. Please to tell me the opinions on this.

Thank you

Flavivirus
    Participant

I don’t think it’s too NSFW… it definitely MAKES me associate a NSFW image in my head though 😛 It’s a great crop. I’d vote for it!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it’s fine. I’ve also got one that’s suggestive of other things.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Super ! I will to add my other image, just for safety. It’s only little bit change from original, but it least is a change and make more clear the location.

Thank you !

I hope this week is fun as I think it can be. Can’t wait to see.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘01-02-08 – What a Load of Crop’ is closed to new replies.