01-04-12 – Desolation

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-04-12 – Desolation

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, please delete my chair entry. I entered another photo of an old beaver dam. Like others, I guess I focused on the idea of abandoned and desolate rather than landscape. Hope this fits the theme better.

Kestrana said she’s fine with letting them stand if you want to keep the chair entry in. Let me know either way.

nobigdeal
    Participant
    bender16v
    Participant

Farktographer, I thought the soft focus filter would work out better than it did. Most of the landscapes I tried with it look bad, especially if there is any bright light since it gets blown out. I’ve never tried stockings though.

In a couple of weeks I’ll be driving across Michigan’s U.P. Talk about desolate! I’ve scheduled an extra day to mess around and take photos too.

Some B’s:
    http://www.nemesisbaits.com/chris/ps/desolation%20b1.jpg
    http://www.nemesisbaits.com/chris/ps/desolation%20b2.jpg
    http://www.nemesisbaits.com/chris/ps/desolation%20b3.jpg
    http://www.nemesisbaits.com/chris/ps/desolation%20b4.jpg

mopsy
    Participant

I just rolled through all the entries and even though the chair is a better photo, I think I’ll go with the more theme friendly one of the beaver dam. So you can ax the chair, Els. 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I just rolled through all the entries and even though the chair is a better photo, I think I’ll go with the more theme friendly one of the beaver dam. So you can ax the chair, Els. 🙁

‘kay

U-Man
    Participant

Love that tree bee, U-Man.

Thanks (Be)CISS. My wife ruled it as “too happy” to be desolate.

justkat
    Participant

Okay, who else hates the new voting? =P

(this was in place last week, wasn’t it? I missed last week)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s not proving very popular on the Farktography side of things.

Curious
    Participant

overall the photoshoppers hate it if comments in the PSAEF are any guide. i sure hate it. and regular thread voting? WTF. really WTF.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Eisinore, could you remove this: 2012-01-05 06:01:10 AM? I entered it twice this morning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like someone got it for you.

Kestrana
    Participant

Overall I think the casuals did a great job of sticking to the theme. daemonfaerie‘s tree (which doesn’t have voting enabled) and jimjazz‘s crows in tree are the only entries I would say don’t fit the theme via being not-a-landscape. I’m a little torn on branchtroy‘s desolate interior shot – not a landscape but really desolate. I’m okay with leaving that but if other people agree it doesn’t fit, I’d understand and support that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think for being casual folks, since we’ve allowed some other stuff from regulars to stand, we should allow the other stuff as well. Overall, I think the thread stayed well on-theme.

Guess it’s kind of an interesting study in how sometimes people cue mostly off the theme name and have a different take-away from it than from the theme description.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

overall the photoshoppers hate it if comments in the PSAEF are any guide. i sure hate it. and regular thread voting? WTF. really WTF.

I do find is amusing, and somewhat protest-like, that Curious‘s text only comment about not casting “Funny” votes for his photos is actually winning the “Funny” vote contest.

Also, wow, nice batch of photos folks! This is among my favorite contests we’ve had in a long time.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I got nuthin.

This despite two road trips specifically for this theme, and an exhaustive search of the archives. Have to sit this one out, but its good to see the participation on this one–lots of Newbs and Kotters this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘01-04-12 – Desolation’ is closed to new replies.