01-05-11 – Sparks, Arcs, and Other Flashy Things

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-05-11 – Sparks, Arcs, and Other Flashy Things

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

They’re up. And rav, posting obo is the same as posting your own entries, you just have to put ‘posted obo ____’ somewhere in the post. Since caradoc uses Flickr it’s very easy to use the “Share” menu and it gives you the code to post at various sizes. As far as style, I just posted his the same way I post mine.

ravnostic
    Participant

Kes, I understand the concept well enough, but since I host my own images, and have never used flickr (and I recall all the chatter about problems with posting them in the past year and the ‘you have to do this now’ dialog, the details of which are lost to me as I didn’t have the issue myself), I would probably screw it up. If I could screw it up, in fact, I’m sure I would screw it up.

I’d be glad to OBO from my own hosting acct, though, FFR.

caradoc
    Participant

I’ve gone so far as to try it from an entirely different computer with a different browser. No dice.

caradoc
    Participant

And I get the same g’d error when trying to vote, too.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That’s pretty bizarre, caradoc. Have you used the different computer/browser combination previously to login to Fark? If so, you might try clearing out all cookies and browser history. Failing that, it sounds like it may be an issue on Fark’s end and I’m not sure where to even start getting that solved (perhaps Elsinore knows a tech contact?).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s really strange, caradoc. I’d send in a Farkback describing what’s going on…sounds like an account glitch.

Also, tchau: Can you explain how you got the various streams of light and distorted multiple exposures in your 2011-01-06 09:51:20 AM? That’s a wild (but lovely) image.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Uranus
    Participant

Kes, thanks for the assist with caradoc‘s pics…it wouldn’t have been the same without them…

ennuipoet
    Participant

Hmm found the image on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/trentchau/3351990125/in/set-72157625605396400/

It’s beautiful, stunning and definitely shopped, I can tell by some of the pixels and from seeing a few in my time… 🙂

clouddancer
    Participant

Do my entries simply suck? Are they not good enough? Apparently I’m not flashy enough for the contest this week. Guess I should have thrown in a 4th of July fireworks picture to get more than 2 votes a picture.

Sorry to be so bitter when there are some really good photos this week.

lokisbong
    Participant

Do my entries simply suck? Are they not good enough? Apparently I’m not flashy enough for the contest this week. Guess I should have thrown in a 4th of July fireworks picture to get more than 2 votes a picture.

HEH. My fireworks picture currently has exactly 2 votes so I am … nah cant do it. my fireworks picture is doing pretty crappy but I think it’s because there is almost nothing else in the shot. My other pictures are only doing marginally better. I chalk it up to just having an off week so to speak. There are a lot of very cool pictures and some that I would describe as pure meh that are still getting more votes than me. such is the way these things seem to go.

caradoc
    Participant

Yeah, I sent a Farkback. Nothing yet. And I’m more peeved about not being able to vote than anything else right now.

caradoc
    Participant

Apparently I’m not flashy enough for the contest this week.

I gave up worrying about votes a loooong time ago.

De gustibus disputandum non est, an’ a’ o’ that.

Kestrana
    Participant

You know, we all have weeks we suck. My last place picture this week is one of my favorites that I’ve taken EVER. But I knew going into this contest it’s too subtle for most of the fark audience.

Look forward to the challenge of next week and forget about this one if it’s bothering you.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

HEH. My fireworks picture currently has exactly 2 votes so I am … nah cant do it. my fireworks picture is doing pretty crappy but I think it’s because there is almost nothing else in the shot. My other pictures are only doing marginally better. I chalk it up to just having an off week so to speak. There are a lot of very cool pictures and some that I would describe as pure meh that are still getting more votes than me. such is the way these things seem to go.

i feel you. one shot with 2 votes. and another with 4 (and this one is a shot of a stripper, fark-me-pump. i figured that alone would be worth a few votes).

heck, i’ve barely broken double digits the last few weeks……

it’s a pity party.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • The topic ‘01-05-11 – Sparks, Arcs, and Other Flashy Things’ is closed to new replies.