01-11-12 – Bacon

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

I like to picture the gas station attendant as an older woman muttering something like “Weeelp, I guess if you boys wanna save yurselves the mo-tel fees tain’t nunna my bidness. Leroy’s the one to hafta clean it, and he keeps on spittin that tabbaccy all over the cee-ment and listening t’ those profanity songs so I reckon he won’t be bothered none.”
    Then watches as U-Man. And he waits for the other guy to leave. And waits. Then ends up calling 911, terrified that U-Man tortured, killed and photographed a gay drifter.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

You have a gift for vivid storytelling, staplermofo :).

Farktographer
    Participant

^ love it. Now I can’t help but imagine that’s EXACTLY the way the scenario played out.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Someone actually created a fake flickr account just to bitch you out about your boobs? HAHAHA!! That’s too much!

*yes*…crazy, no?

Edited to add: I guess it just seemed pretty sad that someone is taking Farktography *that* seriously…

Jealous obviously 😉

ennuipoet
    Participant

Els, useless without pictures.

Well, it’s the difference between this (said to be vote whoring on the order to make someone “sick”) http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/6513443987/in/photostream

Someone sounds flat…chested that is! HEY OH!

Yoyo
    Participant

Sounds like the script for a Sun Dance award winning short film.

mopsy
    Participant

I just took the time to read the verbal warfare about votewhoring. What I don’t understand is why anyone who is not participating would care one way or the other what we are entering in our contests. You can see far more body parts’ exposure on TV, the beach, movies, etc. While I tend to have old fashion values, I have never felt uncomfortable with any entry. I may not like it for the photographic value, but never for the content. You did well defending yourself and the rest of the farktography group. Kudos to Elsinore

fluffybunny
    Participant

I just took the time to read the verbal warfare about votewhoring. What I don’t understand is why anyone who is not participating would care one way or the other what we are entering in our contests. You can see far more body parts’ exposure on TV, the beach, movies, etc. While I tend to have old fashion values, I have never felt uncomfortable with any entry. I may not like it for the photographic value, but never for the content. You did well defending yourself and the rest of the farktography group. Kudos to Elsinore

Opinions are like… everybody has one, as the old saying goes. There was a contest a while back where a non farktographer took the time to post in the contest thread a small whine about us using “fancy titles” and “why don’t we just let the photos speak for themselves” (oddly not long after we had a thread about that same subject here). I think Elsinore and maybe sleeping or somebody had to remind them that they could vote accordingly.

I guess for all we don’t know about voters, this is a form of feedback. Someone is watching and cares. Just not in a way that we necessarily agree with or understand.

Farktographer
    Participant

I guess for all we don’t know about voters, this is a form of feedback. Someone is watching and cares. Just not in a way that we necessarily agree with or understand.

The thing I always dislike is the vocal minority. It has a way of getting to you. Say you get a lot of votes for a sub, and your peers all like the image – what you’ll remember is the little voice in the back of the room screaming “OMG what is wrong with you? You’re so stupid!!”

It’s better you either vote, or don’t vote. If you have a criticism, be constructive about it.

U-Man
    Participant

It’s better you either vote, or don’t vote. If you have a criticism, be constructive about it.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in print. I think maybe you’re an idiot.

U-Man
    Participant

Like that? 🙂

/just having fun.
    //I just burned my finger tip.
    ///I have a round blister right on my shutter finger. 🙁

mopsy
    Participant

OMG U-Man, for a minute there I thought you were serious.

orionid
    Participant

Ha!

Farktographer
    Participant

🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This is where I am obliged to post my favorite xkcd:

http://xkcd.com/386/

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘01-11-12 – Bacon’ is closed to new replies.