01-11-12 – Bacon

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to fluffybunny on the “Best” win and to U-Man on the “Funniest” win this week!

Also wondering, fluffybunny just how long it took you to make all those bacon roses? Well done!

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks Els,

Maybe an hour on the roses aside from oven time. There’s an “instructable” for it, one of the first few links if googling “bacon roses”

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Kudos to all the top finishers! fluffybunny‘s “Say it with bacon” bouquet elicited a “What the hell … genius!” response from me–ditto for U-man‘s “receive bacon” pic. olavf, I was hoping somebody would bring the bacon underwear, so thank you for that!

Farktographer
    Participant

Congrats to fluffybunny on the “Best” win and to U-Man on the “Funniest” win this week!

Also wondering, fluffybunny just how long it took you to make all those bacon roses? Well done!

Oven? I don’t know why, but I pictured you wrapping the roses and then taking a blowtorch to it to ensure crispiness 😀 Congrats.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to fluffybunny on the individual (his first!) and combined wins. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats. The Combined Vote Results post has been updated to show what this contest would look like if we combined best & funny votes.

Note that aspidites just crossed the minimum entry threshold to appear on overall average lists and now does so in several categories.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

And now we return to our favorite topic: How has the addition of Funny votes affected overall voting?

If we consider only Best votes, it appears to have had a slight negative effect on this contest. Looking at average votes/entry, we have the following historical values:

• All contests: 9.81
    • Since 2009: 11.43
    • Since 2010: 11.72
    • Since 2011: 12.90

With Best votes only, this contest’s value is (574/56) = 10.25. Combining Best (574) and Funny (278), the average is 15.21. If we counted Funny votes at half the value of Best votes, we’d get close to the recent historical average at (574 + 278/2)/56 = 12.73.

That said, I’m not sure that either value (Best alone or combined) is statistically significantly different enough to make judgements just yet. I’ve created a couple of scatter charts to show where these values appear vs other contests. The charts are large, so I’m just going to link them instead of embedding them here. Within both charts, the point labeled “Bacon” is Best votes, while the point labeled “Combined” is Best+Funny votes.

Here is the Total Votes vs Entry Count chart. And here is the Votes/Entry vs Entry Count chart.

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrat’s fluffybunny and U-Man–awesome entries. Now that it’s done, am I just the only pervert who thinks that my cinnab(ac)on looks pretty damned close to a female part of the anatomy? I kinda had hoped that would get me some votege. Granted, my experience in that region is limited but, I mean, really, is this gay guy the only one who’s mental imagery went there?

ennuipoet
    Participant

And now we return to our favorite topic: How has the addition of Funny votes affected overall voting?

FWIW, the Photoshoppers are starting to grumble more and more about the new voting system. Plus, the voting in all the threads is just distracting, a complete mess. I suspect there will be a concerted movement growing to go back to the old way, whether or not it happens…

Farktographer
    Participant

“You’ll get over it.”

fluffybunny
    Participant

Oven? I don’t know why, but I pictured you wrapping the roses and then taking a blowtorch to it to ensure crispiness 😀 Congrats.

Hmmmmm,… blowtorch, I like your thinking.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘01-11-12 – Bacon’ is closed to new replies.