01-11-12 – Bacon

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Els I just decided that if I’m going to keep participating, I just can’t give a rat’s ass. No one really liked the tomato shots I did a few contests back, so I don’t expect this will do very well either. *shrugs*

lokisbong You never know… 🙂

If I gave a rat’s ass I would have given up a long time ago. I’m usually surprised by which of my shots do well and very often left scratching my head at the failures.

olavf
    Participant

Is that Amy Osman, Olav?

Rav yeah, I got a few shots in while Samir was flutzing with his camera last month. They came up for dinner and to play with the studio set up. And drink a *lot* of wine…

edit- I posted late because I wanted to get permission to use it, even though it’s cropped down to remove her face.

NoBigDeal It’s not the voting, or lack thereof that’s been getting to me, I think. More of the feeling that I’m posting into a virtual black hole…

orionid
    Participant

The reason I dropped the ball, was a combination of a few factors. I originally voted for this theme, and was really looking forward to it, but when it got hoppered, between the holidays and other IRL stuff, it just wasn’t enough notice. I had ideas (and read, I haven’t seen the thread yet, but discussion sounds like two of them were pulled off by others NTTAWWT). And no archived photos.

1) A new bacon explosion. Best made/served in summer. I don’t have access to a smoker right now 🙁 The only existing photos I have of these are FB-quality cell-phone photos. I’ll share later, but I made a rule with myself to never use a cell-phone snapshot for farktography.
    2) Find an overstocked bacon section at a grocery (like the commissary at any military base just before the fourth of July) titled “Am I in heaven?”
    3) Kestrana, nude (SFW implied) on all fours with a seductive look on her face, about to eat a strip of bacon.
    4) Fry bacon, leave grease in pan. Print long, skinny stretched photos of Kevin Bacon. Place in frying pan. Take photos of “Frying Bacon”
    5) Find a bathroom hand dryer with the red wavy lines. Write on said dryer with a sharpie: 1 – Press Button, 2 – Receive Bacon. Hold bacon under nozzle to look like dryer dispensed bacon to me.

So yeah. I didn’t shoot over the holidays, and these last few weeks, works been whooping my ass so I haven’t been feeling like doing anything by the time I got home, much less shooting, cooking, or shooting and cooking. By the time the weekends roll around, I just want to crash and oversleep, but usually wind up doing all sorts of cool shit (but either not shooting, or not processing what I shot), then being even more tired rolling into the next work week.

I can’t wait until I get home to peruse the thread, I’m good for the next three weeks, and I need y’all to keep on me about apples vs. oranges. k thanx bai.

Farktographer
    Participant

Eh…I’m with you, orionid. I was really looking forward to this theme, but had to pull an archive-dive. Schoolwork and lack of proper bacon in this godforsaken city led to some pretty poor subs by me this week. I had been churning some ideas in my head – nothing as inventive as your “Frying Bacon,” though.

U-Man
    Participant

I mean, I have much better vote whoring shots than that 😆

Els, useless without pictures.

Orionid, your #5 idea is farking awesome. I think we should all vote for that if somebody did it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

NoBigDeal It’s not the voting, or lack thereof that’s been getting to me, I think. More of the feeling that I’m posting into a virtual black hole…

You’ve got that too? I dunno, for the past few months I’ve kind of felt as though much of what I’ve posted for the threads was missed by the voters, as though I somehow failed to communicate with them. I don’t care about the votes, no, let me amend, I don’t care about WINNING, but the number of votes is a good way to track whether or not people are appreciating the work.

I’m kvetching, really, because trying comprehend what motivates the average Farker is an exercise in futility.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You’ve got that too? I dunno, for the past few months I’ve kind of felt as though much of what I’ve posted for the threads was missed by the voters, as though I somehow failed to communicate with them. I don’t care about the votes, no, let me amend, I don’t care about WINNING, but the number of votes is a good way to track whether or not people are appreciating the work.

I’m kvetching, really, because trying comprehend what motivates the average Farker is an exercise in futility.

Yeah, I get that. All of that. Doesn’t help that I’m in a bit of a creative slump anyway, owing to lack of time and an overscheduled life.

Well, it’s the difference between this (said to be vote whoring on the order to make someone “sick”) http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/6513443987/in/photostream

and this, which was actually for the vote whoring theme and more revealing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/5411539493/in/photostream

Ultimately, I don’t post a lot of boobies shots (or shots of my cats or kids, for that matter), so to be called out on something so tame that I do infrequently was…odd.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yeah, I get that. All of that. Doesn’t help that I’m in a bit of a creative slump anyway, owing to lack of time and an overscheduled life.

Well, it’s the difference between this (said to be vote whoring on the order to make someone “sick”) http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/6513443987/in/photostream

and this, which was actually for the vote whoring theme and more revealing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/5411539493/in/photostream

Ultimately, I don’t post a lot of boobies shots (or shots of my cats or kids, for that matter), so to be called out on something so tame that I do infrequently was…odd.

Someone actually created a fake flickr account just to bitch you out about your boobs? HAHAHA!! That’s too much!

lokisbong
    Participant

Orionid, your #5 idea is farking awesome. I think we should all vote for that if somebody did it.

LOL!!! twice even

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks justkat. I went into this theme like many of you without much creativity. My bacon and dog was a one shot pic. Unlike Cattle Dog Wrapped in Bacon, who does what’s commanded of him, my dog grabbed the bacon as I clicked the camera. It was gone so fast, I wasn’t sure I even got the shot. As for the M O P S Y smile, I put that together before work. But for all the comments of “no ideas” there are a lot of “good ideas.”

orionid
    Participant

LOL!!! twice even

Agreed. And Done. Well executed, where’d you get the pro-looking sticker? I might have to buy a crate of those to keep in my truck.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Someone actually created a fake flickr account just to bitch you out about your boobs? HAHAHA!! That’s too much!

*yes*…crazy, no?

Edited to add: I guess it just seemed pretty sad that someone is taking Farktography *that* seriously…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, bitching about boobies on Fark is kinda like going to the circus and complaining about all the clowns, no?

U-Man
    Participant

Agreed. And Done. Well executed, where’d you get the pro-looking sticker? I might have to buy a crate of those to keep in my truck.

http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/push-button-receive-bacon.png

I printed several sizes and just used Scotch tape on the one that fit best. Bada-bing.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

You know, U-Man, somewhere on some forum on the internets is a thread with the topic “What’s the most WTF thing you’ve seen” and someone in that thread is describing seeing some guy haul a professional camera, tripod, and flash into a gas station restroom… 😆

Seriously, though, kudos on the chutzpah. That’s dedication, my friend.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘01-11-12 – Bacon’ is closed to new replies.