01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Yoyo feel free to suggest any sort of theme you want. We’ve had plenty of themes that required much discussion.

Barracuda your av’s gone for me. Do you do G+ at all?

Malivon
    Participant

I’ve posted pictures in Farktography posts before, but this is the first time I’ve posted within the forums (in fact, just signed up).

I recently decided to make a hobby of photography (arrgh, expensive too, but fun). With that said, I’m a total beginner and hope that I’ll grow out of that silly beginner phase at some point. So if some of my pictures instantly blind you with their potentially hideous composition or other photography related aspects, I apologize and hope that eventually they’ll be cool to look at.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welcome, Malivon, and no worries on your photos–most of us have found Farktography to be an excellent source of information and support, as well as general creative mayhem 😉 Looking forward to seeing you in the threads 🙂

Barracuda
    Participant

Malivon, welcome to the newb club, I’m in much the same boat. Enjoy taking photos, fallen in and out of the habit over the years. And against my better judgement (I have other expensive hobbies as it is) went out and spent the coin on a DSLR so making myself learn how to use it and actually use it regularly.

Kestrana, Elsinore removed the avatar for me. Not sure what the deal was. *shrug* – computers, I know better than to doubt the insanity of those who write code for them as that’s my day job.

Don’t use G+, but most of my photography is currently going up into Picasa web album(s).
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/Canon_Photos
    and
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/PhotographyOlder?authkey=Gv1sRgCIinjeWDgf_6hgE

Kestrana
    Participant

Cool and welcome also to Malivon. We really enjoy new people taking a moment to get involved over here and look forward to seeing your participation in upcoming contests. Let us know if we can be of service and answer any questions.

Farktographer
    Participant

Welcome to the new people. Farktography is definitely a great place to learn new tips, techniques, and hone your skill. I’ve only been in the game for a little under a year now, but it has made a MASSIVE impact on my photos. I look back on what I’ve taken over the course of the last year, and it’s shocking actually – I thank mainly Farktography for that. You see some awesome pictures from friendly people, so you can always ask them, “hey, how did you get your shot to look like that?”

ravnostic
    Participant

Welcome to the new people. Farktography is definitely a great place to learn new tips, techniques, and hone your skill. I’ve only been in the game for a little under a year now, but it has made a MASSIVE impact on my photos. I look back on what I’ve taken over the course of the last year, and it’s shocking actually – I thank mainly Farktography for that. You see some awesome pictures from friendly people, so you can always ask them, “hey, how did you get your shot to look like that?”

This. I learned 90% of what I know by asking questions here and observing how others who do well composed their shots (and inquiring when I couldn’t figure it out on my own.)

Welcome!!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

This. I learned 90% of what I know by asking questions here and observing how others who do well composed their shots (and inquiring when I couldn’t figure it out on my own.)

Welcome!!

Agreed. Between farktography and reading a few excellent books, I’d say I’ve been able to make some fairly nice images (that I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to capture) in the past year or two. I’m always glad to see more people join the forums here, welcome!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ranger Joe on the “Best” category win and to Linguine on the “Funniest” category win this week!

lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats Ranger Joe and Lingiune indeed. Lots of great stuff again this week

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to Ranger Joe/cameraflage on the individual win and to aspidites on the combined win. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Well, my first theme suggestion, and it went pretty well. The overall votes were above average, so that’s cool. I didn’t fare so well personally, but I voted for almost every single image that ended up “beating” me, so no shame there.

Congrats to the winners and welcome to all the new people! See you next week, when everybody must get “Stoned”

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • The topic ‘01-18-12 – Straight Out of Camera’ is closed to new replies.