01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

Too bad I have already used this, but here is another sunset in the smoke from a fire.

I have enough sunset pictures from the gallery above my apartment that I could enter 3 pictures from the same location, but I am not going to do that.

U-Man
    Participant

I am finding the 640 px width limit frustrating this week. Panoramic-type crops just don’t work well with the small size. As usual, I’ll link to large images – but the small pic needs to be good enough to get a nibble.

soosh
    Participant

If the sun is rising over a mountain ridge, does that count? Or does it have to be all pink and orange?

orionid
    Participant

Choc-Ful-A and Soosh, those are fine.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Can I just say how frustrating this week’s theme is! Not because I don’t have in anything, but what I have is almost universally HDR! I’m not an HDR nut, but I’ve really taken to the potential of HDR in these kinds of lights:

So, now I am sifting source images to find the right exposures for submitting.

linguine
    Participant

I’ve turned one of the shots I took for this week into an hdr too. I think its been a while since we’ve done hdr, anyone want to do a hdr contest again?

lokisbong
    Participant

I’ve turned one of the shots I took for this week into an hdr too. I think its been a while since we’ve done hdr, anyone want to do a hdr contest again?

I have the camera and tripod if we decide to. Now I just have to figure out how to put them together in the right way with gimp. Off to the HDR part of this site.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m definitely willing to do some HDR.

ennuipoet – I totally agree. I have one in particular that is strikingly better as HDR. I was thinking of making a link to it but decided against that. I’ll let it stand on it’s own.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good call 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And yes, we can do HDR. Just not this week 😉 I’ll throw it into one of the upcoming contest slots.

linguine
    Participant

I have the camera and tripod if we decide to. Now I just have to figure out how to put them together in the right way with gimp. Off to the HDR part of this site.

Unless someones made new plugins for gimp it can’t do tonemapping to make a true hdr image. There’s some sort-of hdr options with gimp but I’d recommend using qtpfsgui or some other program.

lokisbong
    Participant

I saw that in the HDR section and apparently have it already. I do not remember downloading it but it is there. Now I just need better weather to go take some pictures. We are in the middle of a gnarly storm here in northern California with 30 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph and lots of rain. Its gonna be here until at least Saturday so…I wait.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Preparing for this contest makes my eyes hurt. Got some good pictures though.

mopsy
    Participant

You’ve got my vote for HDR.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We need another classic theme and I was actually trying to figure out what to put in the next available or week following, so I’ll definitely schedule HDR since that’s got popular support.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…’ is closed to new replies.