01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster
    orionid
    Participant

Note to self: Learn HDR.

justkat
    Participant

We’re going to have pretty-overload here this week, aren’t we?

SilverStag
    Participant

Prediction: This one is going EPIC!

kashari
    Participant

Corsec & Soosh, those are beautiful shots!

Question for the group; while uploading my pictures using Firefox 3.0.1, which as I understand isn’t color managed, I noticed that my pics look way over-saturated. When viewing through Safari or my image programs, they look correct. So do you guys usually post for color managed or non-color managed browsers? I’m just afraid after I tone them down a bit, that they’ll look too dull on color managed browsers.

justkat
    Participant

Note to self: Learn HDR.

Heh. This. lol.

lokisbong – if I ever knew you were in CA I forgot. Pretty crazy weather, eh?

U-Man
    Participant

I had a hard time choosing this week. At work right now, but if I get a break I might post some B-sides.

Here’s my last one in HDR. (1700 x something px)

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Flatland-Sunset-HDR.jpg

SilverStag
    Participant

Here’s a wider view of the Roswell Sunrise (Clickr For Biggr at Flickr)

It’s not as striking, so I decided to use the tele shot. You’ll all tell me I’m wrong, of course 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s gorgeous, U-Man.

I do kinda feel like directing people to modified versions of photos means people are potentially voting for the modified version compared to whatever’s posted in the thread. Almost like you’re saying, “oh hey, I know this is a cool shot in keeping with the rules, but look at this other version that’s even better when I’m not constrained by the usual requirements.” I know orionid has toed this line with the 3-D stuff, though he specifically says it’s only to help people see the effect and should not influence voting.

linguine
    Participant

Is it too early to declare this contest awesome?

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore (and whoever), I just read these comments and I saw your “Good call”. Is the way I offered the HDR version OK? I mean, I could totally get rid of that link to this thread if anybody thinks it is sneaky or something.

I just think it is really cool. And the comparison between HDR and regular is pretty neat.

Let me know and I’ll repost if needed.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It is really really cool, and I hope you have something similar to use for the HDR contest. But I really would prefer that you just post your shot without the reference to the HDR version here. We’ll still goggle it here, of course 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

(see also a couple posts up 😆

U-Man
    Participant

Can do. Please delete and I’ll re-post. No hard feelings.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Is it too early to declare this contest awesome?

Nope, I think it’s insta-classic.

Can do. Please delete and I’ll re-post. No hard feelings.

Cool, thanks man.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…’ is closed to new replies.