01-21-09 – Take Three

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-21-09 – Take Three

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take 3 different photos of the same scene or object e.g. the same scene at 3 different times, the same object from 3 different perspectives, etc. All 3 photos must be posted in the same post so they can be voted on as a group. Only one entry of 3 photos.

Thank you, Morningbreath, for the theme suggestion!

justkat
    Participant

I love this idea, but I still don’t know what I’m going to do with it. Oh well, there’s still some time to figure it out.

justkat
    Participant

A week later I’m still feeling blocked on this. I really love the idea… I think it’s because it has so MUCH potential that I don’t know where to start. 😀 Good thing i already have my brown pix done, gives me a bit more time…

/I can see me frantically shooting on 20th…….

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

I’ve got it narrowed down to two sets of three, and I’m thinking about replacing one of the pics 😐

corsec67
    Participant

Well, for “same spot at different times”, I have a video that I made like that, here, of 1.5 years of time in 17 seconds of video.

Now I need to come up with something for this theme.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm I need to do something with this… I think I will have to drag out the lightbox

mopsy
    Participant

For me and all the other less technical Farkers, how do we go about entering three photos in a single entry?

swampa
    Participant

instead of just having the one img tag per comment, you do all three you want for the entry in the one comment. Just remember to new line after each image in case they get displayed in a weird arrangement (two together and then one underneath for example)

corsec67
    Participant

For me and all the other less technical Farkers, how do we go about entering three photos in a single entry?

The same way you do a single entry, but 3 times:

orionid
    Participant

I have a fun idea that I’m pretty certain will flop. I might post it here just to help generate ideas. I gots more that I’m more likely to use anyway.

orionid
    Participant

Fun, but not what I’m going to enter.

And yes, I deliberately left these as the original jpg’s so that anyone wishing to call shenanigans can compare the exif info to the wristwatch in the photo. You’ll also note a shift in white balancing and exposure on the last one due to the sun coming up and poking through my front window.

http://www.buckscorner.com/farktography/take3/DSC_0020.JPG
    http://www.buckscorner.com/farktography/take3/DSC_0021.JPG
    http://www.buckscorner.com/farktography/take3/DSC_0027.JPG

/first one was slow ’cause I was tired.
    //second one was really slow ’cause I’ve only had it for a week and just figured it out yesterday.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

orionid:

That is some mighty fine sticker peeling, sir.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks swampa & corsec67. I kind of thought that was the way it was done. Just did not want to get to “show time” and find I could not make it happen!

corsec67
    Participant

Thanks swampa & corsec67. I kind of thought that was the way it was done. Just did not want to get to “show time” and find I could not make it happen!

Ah, that is a bit different, and even I need to check to make sure I am going to post right. (Except I still make spelling mistakes. Apparently my mom makes some magic “Homage” cookies)

The Fark Scratchpad is a good place to practice, since nobody can see your posts. You can make sure that the HTML is correct, and that the images are an acceptable size. (Just remember thread number 69, that is the scratchpad)

mopsy
    Participant

Corsec67 thanks for the practice site. I never thought about the acceptable size. Do all three pics have to add up to the acceptable size or can each pic be the acceptable size?

And as far as spelling goes, I wish we had spell check available here. I can read my reply several times and not see the error until I post it. But I’ve notice others do the same thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • The topic ‘01-21-09 – Take Three’ is closed to new replies.