01-21-09 – Take Three

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-21-09 – Take Three

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Do all three pics have to add up to the acceptable size or can each pic be the acceptable size?

Excellent question, Mopsy. Does anyone have the answer?

olavf
    Participant

AFAIK it’s individual photo size that matters. I’ve posted several large(er) pics in a single post without any problems in the past.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s individual image size, not the sum of all images in your post.

soosh
    Participant

do all three images have to have never been used before in any contest?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm….. after digging through my archives, I’m now second guessing my primary choice…..

Would three different time/specific parts of the same overall whole be allowed? Ie. three different plays from the same football game?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not sure why that would be a problem, but Morningbreath can clarify if need be.

orionid
    Participant

Well, splitting hairs would be different players = different subjects, so that’s why I thought I’d ask. Likewise, different members of the same band from the same concert.

corsec67
    Participant

Well, splitting hairs would be different players = different subjects, so that’s why I thought I’d ask. Likewise, different members of the same band from the same concert.

That would be the same field and building, same place (more or less), same day even, right?

My current candidates for this contest are a metal plated building similar to what I am going to do for “Religion and Spirituality II”.

This time the Denver Art Museum Hamilton Building.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Hmmm….. after digging through my archives, I’m now second guessing my primary choice…..

Would three different time/specific parts of the same overall whole be allowed? Ie. three different plays from the same football game?

Yeah, thats fine. Its just like if your entry were a car, and you did a black and white of the whole car, a closeup of a tire on the backside, and then opened the hood to take a photo of the engine. None of the elements in any photo might be in the other photos, but it would be of the same object(like the game). Conversely if your photo was elements of 3 different cars it would not be fine, even if it was the same type of element, like a license plate.

I was aiming for a a contest that showed variety of ways at looking at the same object or scene. If your object or scene is a single football game, or concert that is fine.

Did that make sense? Or did I muddle it up for you? My entry is msot likely going to be a factory I photographed: I am using three different types of photos of the factory, a closeup, a wide angle, and a black and white. Not all the elements will be the same, but it was all parts of the same object, the factory.

Conversely, my second choice is the exact same object, a girl, in three entirely different settings.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yeah, thats fine. Its just like if your entry were a car, and you did a black and white of the whole car, a closeup of a tire on the backside, and then opened the hood to take a photo of the engine. None of the elements in any photo might be in the other photos, but it would be of the same object(like the game). Conversely if your photo was elements of 3 different cars it would not be fine, even if it was the same type of element, like a license plate.

I was aiming for a a contest that showed variety of ways at looking at the same object or scene. If your object or scene is a single football game, or concert that is fine.

Did that make sense? Or did I muddle it up for you? My entry is msot likely going to be a factory I photographed: I am using three different types of photos of the factory, a closeup, a wide angle, and a black and white. Not all the elements will be the same, but it was all parts of the same object, the factory.

Conversely, my second choice is the exact same object, a girl, in three entirely different settings.

I’m sitting here going through all my photos of the barn because that’s going to be my subject. I am looking for three shots from the same perspective taken at different times through the years.
    Now you tell me I can use three different perspectives 😯

confusion!!!! what to do!!! what to do!!!

Thanks you just opened up a whole slew of new ideas!!

Morningbreath
    Participant

I’m sitting here going through all my photos of the barn because that’s going to be my subject. I am looking for three shots from the same perspective taken at different times through the years.
    Now you tell me I can use three different perspectives 😯

confusion!!!! what to do!!! what to do!!!

Thanks you just opened up a whole slew of new ideas!!

my third choice is between a couple scenes over time. one tree over 3 years, or a particular view I have in three different seasons.

mopsy
    Participant

Clarification: Some of you are saying second and third choice. We have one entry with three photos in that entry, correct?

mopsy
    Participant

Okay, corsec67, I went to your Scratchpad and entered three pics. I tried 2 times but it would not show the pics. The first time I put the little mountains after each pic. The second try, I put the mountains at the end of all three. Neither brought up the pics. Sometime I feel so inept. What am I doing wrong?

corsec67
    Participant

Okay, corsec67, I went to your Scratchpad and entered three pics. I tried 2 times but it would not show the pics. The first time I put the little mountains after each pic. The second try, I put the mountains at the end of all three. Neither brought up the pics. Sometime I feel so inept. What am I doing wrong?

It isn’t my scratchpad, it is the official Fark scratchpad, so I can’t access anything about your posts. That also means that if it works there, it will work for the contest.

Usually it gives you error messages, like “Couldn’t fetch picture”, or “Picture is too large, *BOOM*” or something like that. Since you didn’t post anything about what you actually tried to do, nor any error messages, I don’t know what went wrong.

Really, it is just like every other contest, except that instead of text going into 3 different posts, the same text goes into one post. If you take this text and edit it correctly (putting the correct image urls in place of the example.com/image1.jpg, then it should work):

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • The topic ‘01-21-09 – Take Three’ is closed to new replies.