01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

I really made an honest effort to choose pictures that I like but am aware that I like them because of strange quirks of my thinking processes rather than because they necessarily conform to general standards of beauty and form. Not that they don’t have any of that, I’m not saying that… but these pictures are like an ugly pet piranha: I have fond owner’s eyes for them, but don’t honestly expect others to share my appreciation unless they’re into piranhas too.

All things considered, however, I certainly hope others will appreciate them (vote for them, call their friends, have them vote…)! 😛 lol

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kestrana: That’s par for the course until the thread is actually greenlit. It will close for voting then, and not re-open until it goes live.

soosh
    Participant

b-sides for this week

nobigdeal
    Participant

I really made an honest effort to choose pictures that I like but am aware that I like them because of strange quirks of my thinking processes rather than because they necessarily conform to general standards of beauty and form. Not that they don’t have any of that, I’m not saying that… but these pictures are like an ugly pet piranha: I have fond owner’s eyes for them, but don’t honestly expect others to share my appreciation unless they’re into piranhas too.

All things considered, however, I certainly hope others will appreciate them (vote for them, call their friends, have them vote…)! 😛 lol

I ended up going with shots that have technical flaws but that I think are neat in their own special way.

soosh
    Participant

I went with photos that I think would be overlooked in most any contest I would think to put them in.

justkat
    Participant

I ended up going with shots that have technical flaws but that I think are neat in their own special way.

One of the ones I considered and rejected … er, maybe I should just post it… I heard somewhere that a picture was worth a thousand words…

That fruit (which is an ornamental plum, btw) out of focus like that just makes me think of the death star for some reason hahahaha. Believe it or not I took the picture that way on purpose.

Yeeeeah…. I’m a bit weird with the camera… but I guess that’s why I do farktography.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeeeeah…. I’m a bit weird with the camera… but I guess that’s why I do farktography.

HA! Does absolutely nothing to say ‘Death Star’ to me. Even if I squint. 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Love the variety this week, as well as the presence of lots of black and white.

U-Man
    Participant

The variety is crazy. It will be interesting to see what catches people.

soosh
    Participant

I went back and forth between this one and the shipping container/star one about ten times

justkat
    Participant

HA! Does absolutely nothing to say ‘Death Star’ to me. Even if I squint. 🙂

Haha, I’m crazier than you are!

Wait, that’s not a good thing, is it. 😕

U-Man
    Participant

soosh, I like ’em both but I think you chose correctly.

I went back and forth with the red wall and this one –

And decided that this one will probably be used sometime –

justkat
    Participant

this one –

If it were me, I’d rotate that one a teensy bit, so that the right side isn’t more elevated than the left side. It’s got such great shapes and lines, but the slight wonkiness puts me off a little…. possibly just because of the potential I see there. Keep in mind that this is because I’m nuts about found geometry (meaning shapes you make present by the way you frame the shot). So it could be just me. We’ve already established my mental condition… 😛

U-Man
    Participant

I hear you. But I did un-wonk it in Photoshop. I think the trees are taller on (camera) right and that fools the brain.

edited for right-left mix up

justkat
    Participant

edited for right-left mix up

Thanks for the illustration. 😀 I was second guessing myself after I posted that, and you’re right, it’s that spot right in the middle on the right. The only thing to do about it would be to crop the sides out and that would result in a picture with a totally different feel. As I haven’t seen it, I can’t say that it would be a bad thing, but my instincts are saying that’s not the solution.

Anyway, when all’s said and done: I like it anyways. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways’ is closed to new replies.