01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    abarger1
    Participant

True to this weeks theme, the one I like better did horrible compared to the one I thought was average!

LeicaLens
    Participant

I always vote for my own shots. If I didn’t feel they were worth a vote, why put them out there?

That was one of the great conundrums for me: is it bad form to vote for my own entries. I think in this week’s competition it should be compulsory! After all, it’s about shots youlike that nobody else does.

Anyway, none of my entries did well, so I guess I stuck close to the theme.

/I’m not being 100% serious about the compulsory part. 😉

lokisbong
    Participant

I am rather blown away by the votes my harbor picture is getting. I love it but didn’t think anyone else would like it.
    I like the wide variety of subjects this time.

mopsy
    Participant

I just got home awhile ago and read through the discussion threat and, wow, I missed all the controversy!!! I never even gave a thought about my bird picture stepping over the line. Am glad it got solved without me. Thank you for reinstating it. Of course, I did not know it was gone.

orionid
    Participant

Heh. 130 click-throughs to flickr. 4 votes. I think that ratio sets a new record for me. And solidifies that no one else appreciates stereo photography. They don’t know what they’re missing.

Kestrana
    Participant

I can’t do the magic eye thing 🙁

justkat
    Participant

I always vote for my own shots. If I didn’t feel they were worth a vote, why put them out there?

Exactly. Plus, the FSM doesn’t see a pic unless it has at least one vote, or something like that. So, I always vote for mine first. I’ll come back later and vote for other deserving entries.

I vote for my own pictures for the same reasons, but I do all my voting at the same time: Saturday. The latest of late players gets a chance at my vote, I (or they) don’t need to rely on remembering to go back and see if anyone else came along and submitted a picture.

Also, that means that by the time I vote, that’s pretty much all the votes I’m going to get. Not 100% of the time, but usually, I can feel a sense of closure at that point lol.

ETA: Kestrana: Me neither. I can’t ever see the pictures in the dots either.

lokisbong
    Participant

Heh. 130 click-throughs to flickr. 4 votes. I think that ratio sets a new record for me. And solidifies that no one else appreciates stereo photography. They don’t know what they’re missing.

Being blind in one eye means they don’t work for me either. I would love it if they worked but nope. no 3d movies either. At least not the old red/blue color separation type.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Exactly. Plus, the FSM doesn’t see a pic unless it has at least one vote, or something like that. So, I always vote for mine first. I’ll come back later and vote for other deserving entries.

Wait, we don’t have to do all voting at the same time?

sleeping
    Participant

You can vote multiple times, just not for the same entry more than once.

SilverStag
    Participant

Part of the reason I vote for mine first is that its easy to do it when I post them, and don’t forget it. Then, I come back sometime after I’m sure all the posting is likely done, to give all the rest a fair shake.

soosh
    Participant

I do the same, SilverStag

justkat
    Participant

Part of the reason I vote for mine first is that its easy to do it when I post them, and don’t forget it. Then, I come back sometime after I’m sure all the posting is likely done, to give all the rest a fair shake.

Considering how often I need my own votes to maintain at the very least my average votes per entry, I am unlikely in the extreme to forget to vote for my own pictures when I vote for everyone else’s.

But it doesn’t really matter when or in how many installments someone votes, as long as they give everyone’s picture a chance to be seen. 🙂

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I like to realize that I’m voting for people that I’m not familiar with. There was a lot of that this week.

Also, good showing by lokisbong. Nice stuff!

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you bucky_bacon I am still shocked that all of my entries this week are doing so good.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • The topic ‘01-27-10 – I Like it Anyways’ is closed to new replies.