02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, my understanding when the voting system was changed was that votes were supposed to lock in, so I think that much must be an unintended glitch. Whether that glitch was exploited or not is another issue, but I would hope no one here would be petty enough to try to rig a prize-less contest.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I heard back from Drew on my Farkback, he said there is big comments redesign on the boards for later in the year and he would look into the voting hate…so, we got that going for us at least.

Kestrana
    Participant

Whew! I thought since the voting system went in, that I had seen photos of mine lose votes from when I had checked them earlier. Thought I was just starting to lose my mind (even more so).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Apparently, this is not a bug.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well that makes the new voting system even more uncool.

Kestrana
    Participant

Sent an email back to Drew with this situation, and ennuipoet‘s and Elsinore‘s information.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve also provided some feedback, though your guys’ opinions may count for more in the grand scheme of things.

Kestrana
    Participant

Drew replied, said he did not know about the “unvoting” options and didn’t like that, and would check it out.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good deal. While unvoting isn’t currently a bug in and of itself, I can say that they’re looking into whether this specific case of 85 changed votes was a glitch. Hope it is–I mean, to go from a handful of unvotes to 85 is pretty extreme.

Kestrana
    Participant

The whole thing is just unnecessarily complicated now imho

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t disagree. But if it’s going to change, they’re going to need to hear from as many of you who want it changed as possible. But respectfully, of course. Honey/vinegar and all that 😉

Does anyone know what the PS’ers think of the unvoting thing? Do they even know about it outside ennuipoet and Choc-Ful-A (and Curious, if he’s seen this yet)? I didn’t see anything in the PS forum about it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I don’t disagree. But if it’s going to change, they’re going to need to hear from as many of you who want it changed as possible. But respectfully, of course. Honey/vinegar and all that 😉

Does anyone know what the PS’ers think of the unvoting thing? Do they even know about it outside ennuipoet and Choc-Ful-A (and Curious, if he’s seen this yet)? I didn’t see anything in the PS forum about it.

They will in about 5 minutes

orionid
    Participant

They will in about 5 minutes

+1

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. I wasn’t certain if I wanted to risk reading the vitriol that would follow your post while at work. But I did. It seems as if they don’t give a fark (at least the few online tonight, anyway). Just a small little kick in the knee after feeling like I have a front-row seat to watch the whole shithouse go up in flames from reading most of the mainpage articles.

lokisbong
    Participant

I sent my farkback complaining about the whole vote system but specifically the unvote thing on the fifth and I was very polite and even said thanks and have a nice day or something like that

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange’ is closed to new replies.