02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Intimate street photography of strangers. Get close to, or get to know your subjects. Location doesn’t matter as long as it’s a public location or event and the subject is a stranger. Difficulty: Each entry must be a different subject.

This in-your-face theme brought to you by Farktographer!

olavf
    Participant

Considering this is my photo project for 2012… 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol nice!

I actually have a question about this. Does it specifically have to be on a street/road/sidewalk? Can it be indoors at a public place/public accomodation somewhere as long as it involves strangers?

Farktographer
    Participant

Doesn’t need to be anywhere specific, just has to be public and strangers.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good deal 🙂

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool. I have one or two for this one already if I remember right.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I started to prepare for this last night and was very surprised to discover I’ve shot a whole bunch for this contest and will have B-Sides (for once).

When this was suggested and hoppered I was worried because I’m not overly aggressive when shooting strangers. I’ve taken a few risks and am now trying to sort out my best. I’m actually kinda proud of myself for this, even if I do as badly next week as I’m doing this week.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

This may be relevant to your interests:
    http://enchantingkerala.org/digital-photography-school/how-do-you-approach-strangers-for-stock-photography.php

This is the author’s photostream:
    How do you approach strangers for stock photography?

staplermofo
    Participant

Are Fark Party pics okay?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well,

Doesn’t need to be anywhere specific, just has to be public and strangers.

I had some con/party pics I planned to use since Farktographer‘s ruling that location didn’t matter.

Farktographer
    Participant

Are Fark Party pics okay?

^Like Els said. So long as the person was a stranger to you, it’s fine.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

I’m scared of people O_O

staplermofo
    Participant

I’m scared of people O_O

You know, they’re just as scared of you as you are of them.

Possibly even more scared if you know, you take a little GHB to calm yourself down, a little adderall to get your confidence and energy up then some jackass starts in on you, like managing your own body chemistry is a crime, so maybe you overreact a little, maybe talk too loud, punch a wall or whatever. Fail to get your point across. Next thing you know everyone starts freaking out, getting involved when they didn’t see what happened, and they take his side. And you try to manage, sure, but nothing has kicked in yet and this is beyond what most people could take, and boom, you end up getting 9 months to appreciate the penal disparity between assault and battery. Next year you’re back out taking classes, trying to meet people, and your asshole parole officer talks to your teacher where everyone can see, and she’s uptight and is giving you the odd look from then on, so you know everyone in your class is thinking you’re some kind of freak, and now nobody is on your side. Sure, they patronize you with “oh, hey man, you’re looking better” or “hey it’s great what you’re doing for yourself, getting things together like this” and you know damn well they’re just trying to get away without making you freak out again, and they expect you to trust them and be friends when all they do is lie to you and mock you behind your back, and that stuff weighs on you, you don’t shake that off. That story is told through all of you, people can see it in you sinew. Boom, now you’re the scary loner.

But that probably won’t happen. I’m sure things will work out great.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

now I’m scared to be in here 😯

Kestrana
    Participant

It’s ok, we have cookies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange’ is closed to new replies.