02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    gambitsgirl
    Participant

^^^^

and roofies apparently

fluffybunny
    Participant

I’m scared of people O_O

You know, they’re just as scared of you as you are of them.

Possibly even more scared if you know, you take a little GHB to calm yourself down, a little adderall to get your confidence and energy up then some jackass starts in on you, like managing your own body chemistry is a crime, so maybe you overreact a little, maybe talk too loud, punch a wall or whatever. Fail to get your point across. Next thing you know everyone starts freaking out, getting involved when they didn’t see what happened, and they take his side. And you try to manage, sure, but nothing has kicked in yet and this is beyond what most people could take, and boom, you end up getting 9 months to appreciate the penal disparity between assault and battery. Next year you’re back out taking classes, trying to meet people, and your asshole parole officer talks to your teacher where everyone can see, and she’s uptight and is giving you the odd look from then on, so you know everyone in your class is thinking you’re some kind of freak, and now nobody is on your side. Sure, they patronize you with “oh, hey man, you’re looking better” or “hey it’s great what you’re doing for yourself, getting things together like this” and you know damn well they’re just trying to get away without making you freak out again, and they expect you to trust them and be friends when all they do is lie to you and mock you behind your back, and that stuff weighs on you, you don’t shake that off. That story is told through all of you, people can see it in you sinew. Boom, now you’re the scary loner.

But that probably won’t happen. I’m sure things will work out great.

[BrilliantGuy.jpg]

Farktographer
    Participant

I’ve been looking for these cookies everywhere. Damn it, where are they??

Staplermofo – don’t worry man, we all know you’re getting better. It’s great to just see what you’re doing for yourself. Extra security? Oh, no no – that’s just a coincidence. Man, just…so good to see you taking care of yourself now.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Looking for some general input this week, I’ve got WAY more shots for this than for a usual thread. Here is a G+ album of my potentials

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103515623805931649065/albums/5701990388388722193

So any thoughts as to what you good folks like would be much appreciated in making final selections.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I just went out shooting for this theme last night on Waikiki. I didn’t get much usable, but combined with the last outing, I think I’ve got three usable entries. I’d be really down about my chances in this contest if I didn’t know the voters are so hard to predict.

…And damn, I just looked at ennuipoet’s choices. No hope for me!
    I like the easter hat one, if that helps at all.

lokisbong
    Participant

Looking for some general input this week, I’ve got WAY more shots for this than for a usual thread. Here is a G+ album of my potentials

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103515623805931649065/albums/5701990388388722193

So any thoughts as to what you good folks like would be much appreciated in making final selections.

It is my opinion that you could just close your eyes and point at three and kick my ass this week. But I would go for the trio of pretty girls all together.
    Pigtails, Busted and Blue. but I’m a guy so you know… 😀

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ll be sitting this one out. I’m not much of a “meeting strangers” kinda guy to start with and I’m still doing 80-hr work weeks right now.

ennui, my picks would be this one, this one, and this one. To me, they seem to most convey the implied personality of the subject.

Following close behind and probably easily substituted for any of the A list are this one, this one, and this one.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I like “Pinks” a lot. The composition is nice with the compression of the diagonal lines of the fence/road as the distance increased and the fact that the only pink/red is in the little girl on the right and a tiny bit way in the distance on the other side of the photo. Her face and posture are very cute too. The only downside is that it’s horizontal which is a pain for Fark since you are constrained to 640 width.

I also like the B&W one called “Dad and Daughter”. The fact that it’s shot down, the camera is also a little titled to the left, and the subjects are looking at something out of the shot all make it work for me.

linguine
    Participant

This is fark, you gotta go with the no pants shot.

U-Man
    Participant

I miss ‘mofo‘s photos. I hear he’s looking better and doing pretty good for himself.

I freaking HATE it when I can’t find a whole series of photos. I have some stranger portraits I took at a music festival (a LOT like a Dead show) last summer. Can’t find the damn things.

staplermofo
    Participant

Hey guys, that was just a hypothetical situation. Guys? Anybody?

*watches tumbleweed roll past*

Noooo! Tumbly! Not you too! Come back!

*sob sob sob*

U-Man
    Participant

Whew. Found them – and a few other photo sessions – on an external drive.

U-Man
    Participant

Heeeey, Tumbly. You’re looking fiiiine. What say you and me go get a drink.

ravnostic
    Participant

I was going for more interaction with the subjects, ennui, So I’m all for stuff like ‘Milliner’ (my personal fav), where I see that. But voters tend to vary, so don’t put my stamp on it.

I got my three, and have yet gotten nothing for apples and oranges but ideas, and I’ve been down with something, so haven’t had the energy. Doctors tomorrow, hopefully I’ll get into good enough shape to do something. (Tonight, though, I ate without puking for the first time in 3 days, so maybe it’s going to pass.)

bender16v
    Participant

I am also afraid of approaching people at random and don’t want to end up doin’ time, so I’m curious if pics of people in public settings would fit in here? I didn’t actually talk to them, but one photo that I had in mind is of a couple getting married in a park where it wouldn’t have been appropriate to talk to them anyway. I’m not sure if the focus of the theme’s wording “get close to, or get to know” requires direct interaction or if it is even appropriate to post pics without consent.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘02-01-12 – Go Out and Get Some Strange’ is closed to new replies.