02-15-12 – Places of Worship

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-15-12 – Places of Worship

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I hate to be the complainer but SageC 2012-02-16 01:00:53 AM thinks Dodger Stadium – April 13th, 2010 is a place of worship. I wish people would read the first post before posting.

This post is funnier when combined with your avatar.

LOL it’s pretty much how I felt when I saw that entry too.

Yoyo
    Participant

Didn’t someone recently mention that Fark had upped the allowable file size? Can anybody remember what the limit might be now? I will just go by the old size limit if I have to but would love to post higher quality file size.

What-the-dill-i-o? One of the pics I wanted to upload was initially 180k, and I got the Fark warning about maximum size being 256k. Argh, I increased compression to get it down to 160k. 🙁 Is it Fark lying to me or is Flickr increasing file sizes?

So many good choices for me to pick from, and lots of good shots from everybody. I think I may have a lock on “funniest” this week w/ the Precious Moments Chapel. Here’s hoping.

Farktographer
    Participant

What-the-dill-i-o? One of the pics I wanted to upload was initially 180k, and I got the Fark warning about maximum size being 256k. Argh, I increased compression to get it down to 160k. 🙁 Is it Fark lying to me or is Flickr increasing file sizes?

So many good choices for me to pick from, and lots of good shots from everybody. I think I may have a lock on “funniest” this week w/ the Precious Moments Chapel. Here’s hoping.

Yes and no; flickr will increase image size, but I’ve never heard of it tacking on an extra 70MB. The way to avoid image size increase is to get one of their paid accounts, and then upload the “original” size image (so you’re decreasing it to the exact dimensions you want before you upload).

/edit to add: CISS, your photos aren’t showing up for me right now. Might want to double-check your site.

orionid
    Participant

Damn work. Getting in the way of me pichurs.

Good stuff tonight. Too bad none of it is mine. 🙂 I had to dive.

Here are some bees – if anyone thinks I made a mistake with my choices, I’d like to hear. I just sort of shot from the hip.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/J_9144bqu.jpg
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/J_9186b.jpg

both of those are very captionable…but more statue than church.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/sm_4717ab.jpg crazy snowstorm – three Canons ago.
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/maui_1945b.jpg Lahaina. Mmmmmmmaui.

I like chest level Jesus and crazy snowstorm better than the dickeyville. That was interesting, but didn’t feel quite “fark”

orionid
    Participant

Orionid – regarding your 3rd B, you never mentioned your vacation to Minas Tirith.

We were there helping defend against the siege from Mordor.

Pope Larry The Tamron? I want one, but I really want the Tokina 12-24, especially after Soosh‘s glowing reviews (“yeah, you know, I left it in the Alaskan wilderness for two weeks during the winter and a blizzard rolled in. Went back and found it. Threw it in a bag of desiccant for a couple days and it still works good as new.”).

Kestrana
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I hate to be the complainer but SageC 2012-02-16 01:00:53 AM thinks Dodger Stadium – April 13th, 2010 is a place of worship. I wish people would read the first post before posting.

lol yeah I pulled that one right before I went to bed. Probably about the time you posted in-thread. Also, given he stated “sports venues do count”, I’m pretty sure he did read the Boobies, but was being contrary about it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Orionid – regarding your 3rd B, you never mentioned your vacation to Minas Tirith.

We were there helping defend against the siege from Mordor.

Pope Larry The Tamron? I want one, but I really want the Tokina 12-24, especially after Soosh‘s glowing reviews (“yeah, you know, I left it in the Alaskan wilderness for two weeks during the winter and a blizzard rolled in. Went back and found it. Threw it in a bag of desiccant for a couple days and it still works good as new.”).

I also have that lens, and it’s excellent. Only real knock against it is chromatic aberration, which isn’t as well controlled as on OEM or even Tamron I think. For the money, though, the value is excellent. My “Patriots Peace Memorial at Night” was shot with it.

Farktographer
    Participant

lol yeah I pulled that one right before I went to bed. Probably about the time you posted in-thread. Also, given he stated “sports venues do count”, I’m pretty sure he did read the Boobies, but was being contrary about it.

People are really interpreting this one broadly. One quick view at 6 new entries: one was a toilet, one was the great outdoors.

/facepalm

ravnostic
    Participant

People are really interpreting this one broadly. One quick view at 6 new entries: one was a toilet, one was the great outdoors.

/facepalm

Oh, sh!at, I’ve been drinking! Please tell me I didn’t post the toilet picture! 😆

orionid
    Participant

i did take a picture of a toilet at an abandoned church.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

/facepalm

The outdoors one isn’t voting enabled, so it’s just being shared in-thread. The toilet shot kind of has my hands tied. The theme stated that sports venues don’t count, but didn’t specifically prohibit anything else, and the room obviously has walls and ceiling/roof. He’s obviously going for the funny vote, which, I guess at least in this case the entry is unlikely to usurp “best” entries that are technically and artistically far superior.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Oh, NONE of you heretics have EVER prayed to the porcelain god before? 👿

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol Zeke submitted a shot of me doing just that for the original Religion and Spirituality theme 😉

/well, pretending to, anyway.

mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore, check out Sprialmonkey’s comment on my entry 2012 02 15 08:09:49PM. Looks like I goofed when I put it into my scrapbook of Scotland. I do have another church photo I can enter, so please delete my “Kirk” that isn’t a “Kirk” and I’ll get the other one on there. 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘02-15-12 – Places of Worship’ is closed to new replies.