02-15-12 – Places of Worship

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-15-12 – Places of Worship

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

You can always archive dive unless it’s specifically part of the theme

bender16v
    Participant

I spend all day today trying to get some good shots for this one. I started at 7:30 (sunrise) this morning and made an arduous trek all around this region but the light was crap all day. In any case I got a lot of exercise walking up and down paths and through villages after driving from one town to another looking for picturesque churches. I think I might end up with only one from today that will be good.

ravnostic
    Participant

Can a ‘place’ of worship be known more commonly as an ‘object’ of worship (not the house of a deity but representing the actual deity itself, though that deity is and has an actual physical location)?

Yugoboy
    Participant

rav – the “difficulty” was that it had to be a building of some sort – walls and a roof. Can be inside or outside.

FWIW – the “roof” aspect actually rules out Rome’s Coliseum for me. It’s been consecrated as a basilica to honor martyrs, and the pope does one mass a year there, but it’s roof-less. Got some great shots of it, though… need to wait for a better theme.

ravnostic
    Participant

Pooh. Well, for what it’s worth, Diana:

//would have been great to apply a focus filter, but conditions didn’t permit…

lokisbong
    Participant

So the church steeple sticking up over a hill will work? I have some cool shots of that idea but the rest of the church could pass for an 80s government building. Real boring to look at and I have not been inside. It’s a Mormon church so I really don’t want to ask them if it’s cool to go in on the one day a week I have seen people there. Not my cup o tea so to speak.

Yugoboy
    Participant

So the church steeple sticking up over a hill will work?

I don’t know why it wouldn’t. It’s the main reason for the photo, right? Then it’s good.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

I’m Presbyterian but I really don’t get out of bed on Sunday anymore so can I photo the bed and tell people that’s where I pray from?

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m Presbyterian but I really don’t get out of bed on Sunday anymore so can I photo the bed and tell people that’s where I pray from?

Don’t tell a dirty joke…don’t tell a dirty joke….

orionid
    Participant

please do tell dirty jokes!

gambitsgirl
    Participant

If the kids are gone I chant “OH GOD”
    if the kids are home i chant “OMFG GET THE HELL OUT!”

orionid
    Participant

Laying in bed with your hands and legs in the air and screaming “Jesus, I’m coming!” does not constitute prayer.

staplermofo
    Participant

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

Jesus does kill a kitten every time you masturbate, but he’s down for threesomes.

Are Muslim foot-washing rooms, Scientology centers and/or bible-study rooms kosher for this?

QueenMab
    Participant

how about buildings that used to have a roof? have some potentials of ruined abbeys churches in the UK and France.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

how about buildings that used to have a roof? have some potentials of ruined abbeys churches in the UK and France.

that HAS to be allowed. AND I really want to see them. i LOVE ruins.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 120 total)
  • The topic ‘02-15-12 – Places of Worship’ is closed to new replies.